Skip navigation

Stockpile system is a mess

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Stockpile system is a mess
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 2, 2011 at 4:51 pm

I just downloaded the last upgrade to discover that one of the changes is a new stockpile system that puts a ceiling on every city's food supply. The practical result, which makes no sense, is that every city is now virtually assured to be at or near starvation all the time. The transport system can't keep up and so revolts are uncontrollable. I am sorry I am upgraded. How do I walk it back so that can enjoy the game again?

Please, no posts on how you like the current system. This isn't about you or your likes.

Level 8 Human Whermacht (deceased)
Posted on April 2, 2011 at 7:29 pm

Err you could try uninstalling and reinstalling it.
well it was worth a shot :)

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on April 2, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Err, no. Try again.

Level 8 Human Paladin
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on April 3, 2011 at 10:11 pm

I'm not quite sure I understand... did you just start playing Gold? That's just the way the system is now. I don't see how your cities are at or near starvation all the time either, unless you're expanding very quickly and leaving no time for cities to rebuild their stockpiles.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on April 4, 2011 at 10:27 pm

If any city is maxing out, make sure you upgrade the city's roads to its neighbouring cities.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on April 5, 2011 at 10:59 am

I try to keep a few extra pigs around in cities not far from the front I am actively fighting on to help with the food supply.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on April 8, 2011 at 5:41 pm

I have been playing from the first Gold beta and through all subsequent iterations. The Gold release, however, put a cap on the level of food that can be stockpiled in cities, in most cases a ceiling of 750. The result is virtually every city uses this up in few turns and goes into revolt. Improving roads doesn't help. So, I can either delete the game all together or delete Hegemony Gold and go back to the last Gold beta.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on April 9, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I have been playing from the first Gold beta and through all subsequent iterations. The Gold release, however, put a cap on the level of food that can be stockpiled in cities, in most cases a ceiling of 750. The result is virtually every city uses this up in few turns and goes into revolt. Improving roads doesn't help. So, I can either delete the game all together or delete Hegemony Gold and go back to the last Gold beta.

I've been playing gold, and several cities have over 15000 food stockpiled. Are you sure you don't have the limit set and it's just shipping the extra food out? Near the stockpile are arrows that allow you to adjust the minimums, so that the city will start to save food instead of shipping it to other cities via trade routes.

Level 8 Human Heroine
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 13, 2011 at 10:18 am

you have to set down percentage hoarding food to 50 or 25 percent from towns that are morely secured inner the realm with full stocks connecting optimized supply lines to outer town newly conquered and starving to death building this lines up to 50 or 100max and then you see how food flows out nagating starvation

smaller towns with one or two farms should have 1 supply line to the nearest major cities

major cities on outer realm should habe 1 direct supply line to next inner big cities on the way to central capital
then major cities should properly supply near minor cities who have no own farms

so for warfare important for example you have Philip stationed in Amphipolis looking for reinforcements from Paella (Philips home and cavalry home should stay to the central capital, so its good to have these two major cities directly connected Philips Hentairen cavalry should reinforce in food and men faster and most efficiently

Level 8 Human Paladin
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on April 14, 2011 at 1:38 am

As I understand it, the distance or number of hubs between a unit and its home city does not actually affect its replenishment rate. Of course, there's the obvious food benefits with having a direct line to Pella, as it's not so easy to tangibly notice food being pushed to frontier areas.

Level 8 Human Heroine
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 14, 2011 at 5:16 pm

I've been playing gold, and several cities have over 15000 food stockpiled. Are you sure you don't have the limit set and it's just shipping the extra food out? Near the stockpile are arrows that allow you to adjust the minimums, so that the city will start to save food instead of shipping it to other cities via trade routes.

But every city has a limit depending on population you cannot store more than the limit. Small cities have around 750 max and biggest city like Pella has over 2000, others like somewhere between

As I understand it, the distance or number of hubs between a unit and its home city does not actually affect its replenishment rate. Of course, there's the obvious food benefits with having a direct line to Pella, as it's not so easy to tangibly notice food being pushed to frontier areas.

I even demolished most roads not needed and building direct routes between cities having full food in storage and those who need badly food in frontier areas only maintaining them until enough food flowed out, trying to giving most cities one farm so they handle food in future times only for their own need