Skip navigation

Hi all. I just got Hegemony Gold

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hi all. I just got Hegemony Gold
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 25, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I had just downloaded the demo of vanilla Hegemony and was so impressed with it I knew I was going to buy it but lucky me the Gold version was just released. I couldn't wait so I had to snatch it up here! I'm just getting started and I have lot's to learn but this game is so well done with the smooth zoom in and out of Map view and tatical view. Plus the extensive help in the first campaign. I know it will be fun and easy to learn. I have to say this is an exceptional piece of work. Well done to all at Longbow.

Level 9 Human Sage
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 25, 2011 at 6:37 pm

always nice to welcome a new convert :)
hope you get many many hours of pleasure from Hegemony, as i have and still am.

any questions you have feel free to post. theres some very knowledgable and helpful players here... and if theyre busy i'll try and answer ;)

Level 8 Human Hegemon
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on March 26, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Welcome! Glad you found you're way here, we're a growing community and its always good to see a new user. I echo Kami's sentiments completely.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 16, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Another convert. I'll just repost what I wrote over at QT3:

I love turn based 4x games (which this game is not), I'm no grognard nor do I care for ancient battles, this is a game I shouldn't care for...and yet it has enthralled me. It is so wonderfully made, with a great attention to historical events, great theme, really innovative mechanics, it blew my mind. Generals to promote, troops that gain experience, optional mission objectives, an awesome campaign, SupCom zoom levels, innovative supply mechanics...If this is the type of games that we can get from the indie scene, I couldn't care less if big name publishers were to abandon PC gaming, because these are the type of games I want to play.

Jorune