Skip navigation

Increasing font size

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Increasing font size
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 23, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Hi all,

I've been unable to play Hegemony much since I bought it; my laptop doesn't have a great video card (Intel hd4500) so since I got rid of my desktop, I've not been playing. However, I recently got an external video card (Vidock 4 with an HD5770) and would love to play Hegemony on my LCD TV. However, even at a reasonably low res (1360x768), I can't read a darn thing from about 6 feet back. Everything is TINY. I can't remember for sure, but I think the UI scales, so it's still the same size at 1920x1080, but crisper.

What I'd like is to be able to increase pretty much all fonts by about 2x, but more specifically the ones in the bottom right of the UI and most unit info fonts.

Is this possible, and if so, does it truncate the texts? I found a thread on changing the fonts to other ones, but since I'm at work I can't check to see if there's size settings there as well.

TIA!

Oliver

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 23, 2011 at 2:20 pm

If you go into the options, there's an option under 'Gameplay' that will let you scale the font up to 110%. We didn't go any higher than that, because it would break the layout.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 23, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Hi Rick,

Thanks for that - I already had that set. So I guess there's really no way to make things a bit bigger... :(

Thanks for your response anyway.

Oliver

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 23, 2011 at 7:48 pm

You could try hacking the settings file and changing the GUIFontScale setting to 2, but like I said, you'll experience some problems with the layout. (If you're not sure where your settings are stored, see Where are my settings stored? on the FAQ.)

Or you can just get a TV that's twice as big :)