Skip navigation

Stopped Playing

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Stopped Playing
Pages 1 2
Level 8 Human
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on March 12, 2011 at 8:26 pm

To those who criticised me personally, thank you for your time. Your knowledge of me is clearly greater than your knowledge of game design. As for my qualifications, I am here expressing my opinion and am not representing any company or game. I mentioned my experience because many people who criticise games actually work for rival companies. I thought honesty would be best.

I am aware that the developing company is small, and I consider them to have done a good job that has treated a difficult subject rather well. They have implemented several new ideas and have a comparatively bug free game. The general direction of the game is refreshing and enjoyable.

If you think they want to surround themselves with people rearranging deck chairs then your boundless knowledge has clearly reached a limit.

I have mentioned what I find enjoyable. It has nothing to do with an opportunity to criticise me, as no matter what you say my opinion cant be wrong. It is my opinion. If you disagree then fine. Your opinion cant be wrong either, if it is honestly stated.

As for suggesting answers rather than problems, I am not getting paid to do so. If you wish to volunteer your efforts, do so with my respect for being helpful. This for me, however, is my bread and butter. You can go to work for nothing any time you like.

I will wander back from time to time to check for any news of fixes, new games etc or just to have a nice chat with the lovely forum people who never attack an honest opinion.

Level 8 Human Sage
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on March 13, 2011 at 7:08 am

nobody "attacked" your opinion. it was discussed honestly and openly. i myself even stated "its a matter of personal preference". ok you were teased a little, but nothing like the flaming that occurs almost everywhere but here.

and i stand by my statement that its a shame you dont enjoy the freedom to make mistakes, and that its your loss. i hope that after youve calmed down from you understandable disappointment after you whole army was wiped you give it another try, bearing in mind the advice several of us gave.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on March 14, 2011 at 1:41 am

No desire to get into the discussion you guys are having about insults and made up jobs, but I signed in rather than ghosting around because I agree with the point someone made in the previous page. *Slowing down battles.*

A real battle could rage on for some time, certainly long enough to run my cavalry around the back of the enemy. There are many times that either my troops or theirs don't last long enough for anything to attack them. A phalangite should be virtually impervious from the front and hoplites and most spearmen have similar staying power; this describes their main use as line soldiers. As it stands, morale crumples too easily and men die too quickly even when not being surrounded/flanked. I'll admit to make a battle last any longer would mean that the battle is lasting for *weeks* in game time but that might only be a minute or 2 actual time. Thats a little better than some of the 20 second battles I have fought.

Above all other things I hope this becomes a large focus on future games designed by the longbow team. I truly love your style of game making and am desperately looking forward to see what other periods you will cover with this genre.

Level 8 Human Student
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on March 14, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Seems like someone's getting awfully defensive.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 15, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Leave the guy alone: everybody is entitled to their opinions, whether praising or hating the game.

I for my part really like Hegemony, but it is always refreshing to read the posts of people who don't, because there may be valid perspectives to make the game better.

So please go on debating what you like or don't like, but please respect each other in the sense that you don't question each other's opinions and persons, because an opinion can by definition never be wrong.

Well, that's my view.

Level 7 Human Heroine
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 11, 2011 at 5:11 pm

well, I would praise Hegemony. It makes as much fun as big games like Total War series or Age of Empires series without having their big budget or graphic performance
and you dont neeed a supa modern comp system I consider as an advantage for many customers

the biggest Hegemony plus I would give to the missionquest system that wasnt to be found in Total War and I like it the way battles resolve quickly. I even never used the real time battles in Total War, always used quick resolving becuz I focus more on strategy and history than on realtime battling (Im not a bigg fan of RTS). Im a big fan of RPGs (western and more eastern styled) and building stragist and war clasher yeahh. And the overall view with the figures like on a board game is beautifull, reminds me of the tableboard game Peloponesian War. I recommend everyone to try tableboard games too like Peloponesian War with friends and family if not done already

Pages 1 2