Skip navigation

Playoff Idea for RBT!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > Playoff Idea for RBT!
Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 11:52 am

I am sorry if i'm gonna be a bit negative right now... but I believe you should only be allowed to register once... (ie LDA = Kirke)... I know... it seems to be rude to say it at the moment, but I still believe that it would be the best thing to do. If you want me to draw a grid for the seeding, let me know... I think I can scrounge something up with good ol' MS Paint... :mrgreen: . Other than that... just let me know and I'll try things out... (that can happen from a 15 yr old...) :mrgreen:

Level 15 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 2:08 pm

i know that Golden Finch and his one other alias are NOT in the top 10, but if he does have an ID in the top 10 (some of us have multiple ID's which we keep private) then we have a problem. For as long as i've been playing RBT, Golden Finch and i have never been able to join each others games...connection timeouts again and again...as frustrating as it is for us both it's been inconsequential up until now...because if he does have an alias in the top 10 then it's impossible for he and i to have a round in the playoff....fingers crossed this isn't the case but thought i better mention it in the early stages of planning.

Golden Finch, i'm not suggesting you make your other ID's public here, do not do that, but if this needs to be followed up, you could perhaps send a word in private to Mask) :)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 2:29 pm

Don't worry disko, to my knowledge, he doesn't have an ID in the top ten. The only people I am a little concerned about are Lda (Multiple id's) and Ckit (hasn't appeared for a avery long time)... other than that... I think everything is going good. Keep me posted! :mrgreen:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 2:47 pm

ya i was gonna bring up some of thoughs points u2 mentioned. like i have problems with mysticalboy. his connection with me is horrible. cant see hardly any of his balls when we play. not sure if its the same with others or not but that i can say is a problem. in all fairness to mystical i think hes a good player but his connection stinks.

only to be register once is a must in my eyes. the word has been around for a long time that LDA and Kirke are the same person. is that a fact im not sure but i think that it mite be true from seeing some of his notes from the past. it would be unfair to this project and to other players. like i have the name ...ice... in the 12th spot as of now . that name would not be able to join. as that was going to be my intentions anywayand it should be for the rest of us.

the seed that i was showing is unofficial as i stated. i was just trying to show u how i beleave the seeded should go.i was just trying to give u all an idea how i thought the process would be.

now golden finch we dont see eye to eye and that is out of my hands. i have no beef with him. so im going to leave that up to him.

connection problems there are many out there what can we do about this if they want to join in the playoff. im not sure what to say at this point in time. maybe someone can come up with a soultion.

jujaga if u can make a grid to show us kinda how things would go that will be a big help! anyone can take part in this. just because i came out with the idea dosnt me im the only one to control this plan. anyhelp from anyone is needed for this playoff!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 3:15 pm

Edit:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 3:52 pm

Edit:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 4:03 pm

fine job there jujaga!
looks like a winner!! :D
but i cant understand y 1st and 2nd rank and so on would meet so early thats if they make it to the second round. i think there should be more separation gap.
something like magnetic as (a) and myslef as (e) instead of being so close in the bracket.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 4:07 pm

Edit:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 4:25 pm

i really beleave that the higher seeded player should have more of a gap between them. it makes no sence to me to see the top ten rank player meet so soon even if its the second round.. if i was a viewer of this i would not want to see the best players meet so soon in the playoff. im not just talking about me but the top ten. i think the lower seeded players need to prove they belong in the next rounds. like now u have it where lda and magnetic meet in the second round of course if they advance that is.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 4:40 pm

(The Official RBT Playoffs Thread is a sticky and can be found here).

Level 14 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 4:44 pm

Ha!
Always wanted to try to make a tournament for some kind of game (RBT or TM).

Update: Sample tree made in Avatar (32 players!)

Update: Further texture added (may make a few lines unreadable).

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 4:54 pm

(The Official RBT Playoffs Thread is a sticky and can be found here).

Level 14 Human wizard
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 6:03 pm

I am afraid I cannot partipate. It may be infested by hackers.

TM Hint: When racing, try to go as fast as you can and avoid enemies firing at you (the damage you sustain slows you down).

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 8:23 pm

Nice work on the grid Jujaga! Thanks for including me even though I'm a relative newcomer. Can't wait to start! I think I'll go bust some bricks right now....

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 11:48 pm

comon casper...lol break a leg...hehe
hackers hackers hackers.. maybe u need to buy some kinda sercuity or something. :idea:
your not gonna play what the heck... :(

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 11:57 pm

jujaga i think its about time 4 a list so players can register to be in the playoffs! i'm sure u can make a nice shinny one for us!

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 2, 2005 at 12:05 am

i was thinking about having some kinda room created for the games to be played. i could make a room up and keep it up maybe 2 full days out of the week. and maybe someone else could do the same! is it possible 2 or three players can have access to the same room so mine or someone elses computer could take a break... just a thought.

Level 14 Human wizard
Posted on August 2, 2005 at 11:28 am

Still can happen if in LAN, even with high security.

Other than that, I may have to go in a different game room. Default LDA Game Room could still be infested.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 2, 2005 at 12:05 pm

Casper, I don't know what u are afraid of, but just get over it. :x I know I sound rude, but seriously, I know of no hackers... I know, I'm a security expert.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 2, 2005 at 12:28 pm

Hey, back from the long weekend and there's this three-pager waiting here. This sounds like a great idea, and it looks like you have it well in hand with the playoff grid you posted here.

Good luck, everyone.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9