Skip navigation

Playoff Idea for RBT!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > Playoff Idea for RBT!
Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Level 17 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on August 14, 2005 at 3:47 pm

ok i've been checking back every day so i can be sure not to miss anything.are we undecided on what it will be? 100% power-ups or no power-ups?or is it going to be the first choice, both simultaneously thx all ceres girl

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on August 14, 2005 at 4:08 pm

I am thinking of starting the no powerups division first. When that's done, then we'll move into the 100% powerups division. They are separate. Any comments? It's just my idea.

Level 15 Human gamer
Posted on August 14, 2005 at 6:40 pm

to get us warmed up, i'd prefer we start WITH powerups...leave the NO powerups for second divison...NO power ups is harder and true test of skill...
am i really up against Airyck first up!!!???...oh gosh :lol:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 14, 2005 at 7:05 pm

Ok, inversed it is then. We'll go to the 100% division first, then the no powerups later. Disko, do you want a different location in the seeding? You have to confront him sooner or later... :wink:

Level 17 Human gamer
Posted on August 14, 2005 at 11:33 pm

Does everyone end up playing everyone at least once ? or are you out once you lose?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 15, 2005 at 12:21 am

if u lose your round then your out until the nopwerup playoff beings then you get your second chance there! u can be in the room when people are playing but thats all until the next playoff begins.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 15, 2005 at 12:24 am

All info that you'll probably ever need about the tournament can be found in the official rbt playoffs thread found here. If I missed something, let me know. :wink:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 15, 2005 at 2:43 pm

IMPORTANTi couldnt find Rommies Ranch in the forum?
he needs to be registerd in order for me to send him the ip address. if anyone runs into him please let him know. Its a must.

The room seems to be up everyone so im going to send everyone the ip address in your mail. if u dont see it yet dont worry it will be there sometime today.(remember to keep this ip to your self dont share with nonplayoff players) thankyou.
the playoffs will not start today but u can create your name in the playoff room.
Once i know every one has created there names in the room then ill post the day it will being. Also talk to your Opponent today and get yourselfs prepared to battle!!
Thanku everyone please check back tomorrow. 8)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 15, 2005 at 3:15 pm

May the best RBT'er win.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 15, 2005 at 4:51 pm

VERY IMPORTANT
How to connect to the game room. click the game room button then click find and type dialog (as in IP address)that requires you to press enter rather then click the ok' button in order for the search to work.
this is also posted in the Official RBT Playoffs Thread
there is more about it there.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 15, 2005 at 7:19 pm

ok looks like roomie is in!!!
:lol: thanks all 8)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 15, 2005 at 7:23 pm

Yep, looks like everything is ready to go on your signal Ice. Let's get this party started! (The Official RBT Playoffs Thread is a sticky and can be found here).

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 16, 2005 at 1:15 am

THE ROOM IS UP AND READY!
So far i only see about 6 Players that have Created a name in RBT Playoff Room? Ive seen many more players today that havent created there names yet. So if u get a chance please enter the room and create your name. As soon as i see that every player that registered create there name in the game room we could get this thing started!!!
So if you have not done this yet please do!

Thanks!!
...ICE... 8)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 16, 2005 at 2:34 am

I have ISP problems with Telstra Rankswamp so please bear with me.

Update:
Ok, I just created my account but I'll be out for tonight (family thing)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 16, 2005 at 11:35 am

Can't we just start with the people already registered? If there are 2 players up against each other ready to go, why not let them go? I can update the grid, and doing that may help get the tournament done faster IMHO. :wink:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 16, 2005 at 12:05 pm

Um... you tell me or ice what happened, and I update the grid.

Sounds somehow complicated. I really hope this will work out! :o

But what if a game crashes then? Will both players have to play the match over again?

And let me get this stright: You and your opponent will face each other in 5 matches per round, until the semifinal, and the player who wins more than half of the games in a round (3+) will advance to the next round?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 16, 2005 at 1:15 pm

Nah... it's not complicated for anyone but me, I just have to remake the image every time... lol. The people playing the match are the ones who decide what to do if it crashes. Yes, it's exactly right, the first person to get more than half wins the match.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 16, 2005 at 3:31 pm

Verifying your standings in the PLAYOFFS
You and your apponent can post or mail your results to ...ICE...
To verify what has happened in that round we will check your wins and losses on your playoff names. If they match what u stated in your post or mail then the results are clear. So this is why we ask that no other games be played there other than your playoff games. This is the only way i can see of verifying your results.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 16, 2005 at 4:00 pm

Ice is in charge of verification, I am in charge of keeping the grid up to date.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 16, 2005 at 4:40 pm

VERY IMPORTANT
How to connect to the game room. click the game room button then click find and type dialog (as in IP address)that requires you to press enter rather then click the ok' button in order for the search to work.
this is also posted in the Official RBT Playoffs Thread
there is more about it there.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9