Skip navigation

Playoff Idea for RBT!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > Playoff Idea for RBT!
Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 11:28 am

Had this on my mind for weeks now Playoff!.
Well this is the idea i was thinking about.The Top 10 players in the ranks are in the Playoff automatic. The players would have 5 game elimination. From the best to the worst. something like #1 would play #10 and #2 vs #9 so on and so fourth. also have a 2 players in as wild cards! something like #11 and #12 spot in the ranks would make it in! We would have one month out of the year in order to complete the playoff. because its not ez to meet everyone in the game at the sametime. we would all have to agree on the mouth we should do this. Maybe Lda games could make some kinda of patch to show who were the top 3 winners in the playoffs and have somekinda of bracket. they would get some kinda trophy page in the news or something in the fourms! This is called the Tournament so lets make a Real tournament out of this! it would be kinda kool to really see who is the best of the best :lol:
If anyone had some kinda of suggestions on on this please add your thoughts.
Things will be changing as this topic moves along.
i was thinking top ten but looks like anyone can enter this so just hangon to your hats...lol

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 1:14 pm

:lol:

That would be good.

RB Hint: In most cases, pick up the Speed Up power-up. It will speed up the ball which can boost your overall score. I recommend you don't pick it up or any other power-up that causes ball to be released (except Life) while on hard mode if paddle is holding a ball while another ball is already out and that the Catch power-up has expired. In this case, avoid the Speed-up until you find another Catch or Life or if you lose your current ball out (in this case you release the ball currently caught).

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 2:34 pm

Sweet idea! Only problem is that the people coming at the same time. Of course I'll try to come, but school starts in a month, so once that happens... chances are that I won't be able to get on as much. Still, go for it! Maybe have a tournament that is already set up, but it can be played when both players are on. That would be more leniant, and still have the tournament to work. Good idea, go for it! :mrgreen:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 3:49 pm

i dont think that we all would need to be there at the same time. just the 2 players that are in the bracket need to be presence.
Rick any thoughts on something like this happening in the future maybe?

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 5:12 pm

i am not in the top 20 but think a playoff is a great idea.have met quite a few great people on here and would love just to watch tourny. :D :D

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 5:38 pm

and another thing is that the top 10 or whoever make the playoffs have to have the same boards.expansion pack? can get pretty monotonous if people dont have it. :idea: :?:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 5:46 pm

I recommend the freeware one, since everyone has it, or the full one since most of the top ten have it. I have expansion, but I don't think everyone has it yet. Freeware or Full seems to be the one. I like Swords & Chivalry. :mrgreen:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 5:56 pm

i also was thinking about powerups. if we should have them on or not? if we do have them on they should be all the same with all the players!
crazy looking pic there tuck its wild looking!!! 8)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 6:29 pm

No powerups is fine... I think it shows the true skills of someone... or have them all at 100%... either one works... :mrgreen:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 7:01 pm

i agree no powerups sounds good to me!
but we must see what everyone else thinks.
write what u think about the idea people i would really like to here from u all even the players that arent ranked up high.
everyone counts in my veiw.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 7:10 pm

Ditto! :mrgreen:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 10:06 pm

I think it's a great idea! I also agree no powerups is the best test of pure brick-breaking ability. Do you suppose there's any way to make tourney spots available to those who haven't had the opportunity to log a couple thousand games yet?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 10:39 pm

airyck is a good player ive played him many times. maybe even a vote 4 some players would be in cosideration would be a good idea :idea:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 10:47 pm

Yep. :mrgreen:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 11:00 pm

Mask, i'm liking this idea of yours...count me in....it'll be a buzz :D

my 2 bobs worth...

1...we use Demo Set (even though i agree with Tuck that it might get boring, consistency will keep it fair and square...and as Jujaga pointed out, we all have our fave sets but not all players have them)

2...no powerups@100% (true test of skill)...that's me out in the first round....LOL)

3...#1v#2 to start the ball rolling (not #1v#10...give me a chance please :lol:

i'll let you brainboxes figue out how it's all going to work, just say when & time permitting i will be there!!!

Casper, thanks for your hints with RB, very useful...i've read other hints you've posted and you really know your stuff :)

Tuck...ya freakin me out with that eye thing!!!.... i LOVE IT !!!...LOL

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 11:25 pm

Here's a possibility if we can't get LDA to write new code - how about keeping track of tourney standings in a forum thread? The scoreboard could be edited by whoever starts the thread - since you can edit your own posts. Also - how about opening it up to everyone? All interested players could join the forum and sign up in a 'Join the Tournament' thread. Just an idea. Any other ideas?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 11:43 pm

love the ideas coming in. keep them coming and spead the word :!:
i understand what your saying disko but to me it would make no sence for a top seeded player to play another top seeded player so early in the playoff. only because of respect of there rank. u can change your seed by moving up in rank. i think its only fair to the players to start with the highest to the lowest seeds. in the start of the playoffs. this way when we get close to the final 4 we have the best of the best there who ever that mite be. dont get me wrong but u could be on the bottom of the list and still make it all the way.but u would have to prove yourslef with the higher ranking players. no powerups so far seems to be the deal.
magnetic is back so i hope she could help out by putting her 2 cents in. i'm sure she will. welcome back baby everyone sure dos miss u around here!! :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 1:04 am

I can make the thread if you want... I come here on a nearly 2 hour basis... lol. I can keep track of stuff prietty good... :mrgreen: (If you need organization, just call... :wink:)

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 1:44 am

i love u Jujaga :lol: .....2 hour basis !!!!!...

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 1, 2005 at 2:34 am

anything u can do jujaga would be a big help!
ok im just giving an idea how the playoff seeding would look like. if these players wanted to enroll.

unofficial seed

east
1) magnetic
2) kirkie
3) Misticalboy
4) C-kit
5) sumo

west
1) ice the mask
2) lda
3) madddai
4) jujaga
5) disko

Going by the top ten list seating people from rank to seeds.
i think a top 20 should be in there. but i think we need to go by rank to put them in a seeding group. the best thing ive heard so far is to have players register to the thread in order play in the playoff and i mean anyone who would like to enter this you dont have to be in the top 20 to enter into the playoffs but i think u need to sigh up up somehow.
just giving u and idea on how it mite look :roll:
i tryed to make a grid but the forum will not allow me to do it.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9