Skip navigation

Awesome game (some ideas and other)

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Awesome game (some ideas and other)
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 28, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Hi guys,

Awesome game!
Myself as a programmer/game writing enthusiast I really want to say thank you for the great example! As an indie studio you are a sheer inspiration!

Anyhow here are my two cents - occasionally in the game (I have gold ver) I encounter a bug - most prominently it's a crush that kills the game. I'd love to give you a way to reproduce it but it is difficult since the last save was who knows when ... I find that autosave is rather not often enough. So if you'd could enable us to control when and/or how often to perform autosave - that would be nice.

Again, great job - favorite game so far ... it really has an atmosphere and very realistic logistics (finally) plus economy that is simple and still feels real.

Currently the game feels perfectly well focused on war with feeling of urgency with a lot of strategic (and tactical) decision that need to be made.
It is really the better warcraft game!

One thing bothers me: I was attacking the Thracians with an army group of 4 phalanges plus Philip. I placed the group within a city without walls and while I was working on the other front against the Illyrans, a single enemy unit "captured" my city and the whole army was defeated by a single tribal javelins!?

So I'm thinking about that: "Siege" action is when a city have walls + garrison, "Capture" action is when the city's garrison is destroyed. For cities without wall with a garrison - that should trigger a "skirmish" of a sort vs the "capture" action

I found myself bubbling with ideas to expand the game then I argue myself that it would destroy the fine balance you've achieved.

Anyhow, one more time - great job!

Cheers

Level 8 Human Sage
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 28, 2011 at 3:02 pm

So if you'd could enable us to control when and/or how often to perform autosave - that would be nice

You can in the game options. u can save every 5 mins if u wish

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 1, 2011 at 8:47 pm

True. Actually thanks for pointing that out to me ... I didn't even looked at the options so far - so immersed in the game...

Level 8 Human Paladin
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on March 1, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Additionally, you can hit F5 for a quicksave.

Level 8 Human Hegemon
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on March 1, 2011 at 10:24 pm

So I'm thinking about that: "Siege" action is when a city have walls + garrison, "Capture" action is when the city's garrison is destroyed. For cities without wall with a garrison - that should trigger a "skirmish" of a sort vs the "capture" action

I like this idea. Maybe you could take it a step further for walled seiges and have the missle attack value of defenders boost the defensive fire of the city and their melee value should boost the total wall strength.

Level 8 Human Student
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on March 2, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Yes, I've always been annoyed by the way a city with a big garrison can be captured without a fight if it doesn't have walls.

My suggestion way back when PoM was released, was that if someone tries to capture a garrisoned, unwalled city, then the garrison should automatically sally out and attack (to minimise micromanagement).

I don't think that will ever happen so what I do now is station garrisons outside unwalled cities.