Skip navigation

Hegemony Gold -- Anyone else have sound/music issues? Are there any mods?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Gold -- Anyone else have sound/music issues? Are there any mods?
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 5:12 pm

First post, just bought Gold after reading about the game on Rock, Paper, Shotgun. So far, very impressed with the combination of real time battle with grand strategy and incredible historical detail.

But a couple of issues I've noticed:

- During the slideshow intro to the Philip campaign, when the narrator speaks the music cuts out, then comes back in when he stops speaking, then cuts out again when he starts to speak again. I'm sure this is not intended.

- During the actual game, the music is present only when zoomed out -- when I zoom down to 'tactical' level the music stops and I only hear the (very nice) ambient sounds. This might be intended, though it seems a bit odd.

And a more general question: is there any modding being done for this game? For my tastes, a few elements could use some modding, like changing the florescent green color of the 'selection' circles when you select a unit, or the too-bright textures of the structures in the 'zoomed out' map. Just curious if anyone has been releasing mods, or if this type of thing can be modded easily through the game files...

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I've never heard of that particular bug before. It kind of sounds like your sound card has an upper limit to the number of sounds it can play. What sound card do you have?

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Dunno the card, but it plays everything else fine -- I don't see how it could handle Empire Total War but not this game... might be a driver issue I guess. No one else has the problem?