Skip navigation

Sheep

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Sheep
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 3:55 am

I have yet to see any new sheep flocks anywhere on the map, even though they're supposed to respawn in the spring, as far as I understand.

Was this changed?

Level 8 Human Hegemon
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 9:27 am

So far I haven't had much time to play (that will change today), so I've only gotten in about three years. Spring lambing was only bountiful enough for requisition (at least that how I'm looking at it to ad to immersion) 2/3 years.

Not sure if this is planned by the devs or a problem. If it is a feature they implemented willfully, it can be seen as adding an interesting variable.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 6:32 pm

If you've been hoarding too many sheep, the game might stop spawning new sheep. Remember that now you have to explicitly convert them to food, rather than just moving them into a city.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on March 1, 2011 at 8:54 pm

I tried playing with the balkan tribes and the sheep never spawned. There are like 3-4 sheep sites but no sheep. People are starving man..

Funny tho I fogged off and I saw that on the other sheep sites north and south the sheep spawned fine ... would you check please? Thanks. Those Balkan tribes are difficult to play anyhow.

Level 8 Human Paladin
Posted on March 1, 2011 at 10:03 pm

How long did you wait for them to spawn?

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on March 8, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I've also notice that there are a lot of sheep spawning areas that never spawn sheep, and I've never seen flocks in that area. There are those that work we'll, but over all the sheep system seems broken. Wondering if this will be addressed in a later patch?

When using sheep that do spawn, is it best to consume the entire flock so they re spawn. Or, consume what you need and send them back to the pens so they regenerate in numbers?

Level 8 Human Paladin
Posted on March 9, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Sheep never regenerate. Use them as you need them.

They did spawn more frequently (and therefore reliably) in the original PoM. Longbow probably changed the spawn rates up a bit.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on March 10, 2011 at 2:11 am

The sheep down near Corinth regenerated a bit for me when i placed them on the pen marker. All be it not by much, i think they were on roughly 200, then i was watching them as it got close to winter and their numbers went up to 222. This increase did not re occur though the next winter. I swear it's the truth.

Level 7 Human Heroine
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on April 14, 2011 at 6:42 pm

in the gold beta 1.5.1 rev sheeps where spawning in 25 bunches after few years I consume them in frontier cities low of food and send the rest if remaining some to those who needs it badly

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on April 16, 2011 at 10:24 pm

Hello All

I have to agree with the general lack of sheep spawning within your territory.

I am currently playing a game (Au Edit.) as the Argolids, on casual, and after an initial spawn of sheep within my territory I have yet to see any additional sheep spawn within my territory. My current game time is over 10hrs.

I have only seen one sheep respawn within an opponents faction that is visible to me.

Also i notice that the AI never seems to capture the sheep that are visible to them. I see sheep sitting directly outside opponents cities that are basically starving and they never bother to capture them.

I would post an image but i dont know how.

Maybe its becuase of the AI on casual setting? Or perhaps, are there game limits to the number of sheep on the board and since the AI never captures them all of the pens remain empty in your territory.

I dont know how to turn the fog off to possibly check this theory or observe the AI capturing sheep.

Thats it for now.