Skip navigation

Possible Bug? Can not re-assign unit to a new home city

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Possible Bug? Can not re-assign unit to a new home city
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 24, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Hi there,

First off, love the game.

Second, every time I try to reassign Phillpe to Pella, or the companion calvary, Eageae becomes selected select in the Supply Node Mode. All I can do is setup a supply line every time I try. Am I missing something? Anyone else seeing this?

thx :)

Perc

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on February 24, 2011 at 11:10 pm

P.S. Forgot to mention, this is Gold :)

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on February 24, 2011 at 11:46 pm

There are a few different ways to change a unit's home city:

- Select the unit and then hold the right-mouse button over the target city and select 'Change Home City' from the command wheel.
- Open the asset list and click the down arrow in the 'Home' column for the selected unit. Pick the new city from the popup window.
- Move the unit to the new city and once inside click the 'Change Home City' button in the command panel in the bottom right.

Hope that helps.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 1:20 am

If you're in a hurry, you can change the name of your application directory by following these instructions, but use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

Be careful though, since you can screw up your computer if you don't know what you're doing. Otherwise, it's much safer to wait for the first patch to be released.

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 2:24 am

It sound like you're pressing the select home city button. I did that a number of times, untill I realised that it doesn't allow you to change the home city, it just selects the current home city.

Level 8 Human Sage
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 8:16 am

It sound like you're pressing the select home city button. I did that a number of times, untill I realised that it doesn't allow you to change the home city, it just selects the current home city.

no i think youre getting confused. select the unit whos home city u want to change, then find the new home city that u want on the map, right-click the intended home city and in the wheel menu (the one that includes build walls, destroy walls etc) one of the options is to make this the home city of the unit that u still have selected

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 9:28 am

no i think youre getting confused. select the unit whos home city u want to change, then find the new home city that u want on the map, right-click the intended home city and in the wheel menu (the one that includes build walls, destroy walls etc) one of the options is to make this the home city of the unit that u still have selected

I'm talking about the button that shows up in the lower right corner of the order panel when a unit is not inside a city, which is called "select home city".

Level 8 Human Hegemon
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 10:25 am

Didn't realise that, much easier than ferrying units way behind the lines to change where they draw supply. Thank you!

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on February 26, 2011 at 2:20 pm

Nik got it, I was pressing the wrong button, thx guys!