Skip navigation

Hegemony Gold (errors, bugs, problems with Launching the game)

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Gold (errors, bugs, problems with Launching the game)
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 24, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Hi this topic is about problems with gold version. So pleas dont post here problems as how can I build this or what units are best on bla bla...

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 24, 2011 at 8:04 pm

So I cant launch the game.. every time when I launch the game it show me an error. I contacted the support and if I good understand problem is in my language version of Win XP... So that path (c:document and settings/Administrator or your acc name/application data) which creating the save games and another files as your default option ect. But my application data are Data aplikací cose I have a czech version of Win xp.
Here is that error - GK2UnicodeException - an error occured while running Hegemony. Excepted 10xxxxxx while parsing UTF8 char.
So if is here anyone with same problem please send post to this threat. I tryed launch the game as admin with renamed directory "data aplikací" to application data but it didnt work.
So if have somebody some idea how to fix it please post it here.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on February 24, 2011 at 11:42 pm

As Ludvig mentioned the bug is due to the translation of the Application Data folder in the Czech version of windows. We have fixed the problem now and it will be included in the first update. I don't know if there is any way to get around the problem in the meantime but the issue is with the value windows returns for the common app data folder if that helps.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 7:08 am

I want only say that I appreciate your help Rob. I must say that you are a the quickest support what I ever seen.
Can I have a last question...? Can you tell us (for now only me :) )when will be that fix or patch out?

Level 8 Human Sage
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 8:26 am

ok this post by rick was in another thread... it didnt seem to make any sense there at all i *think* it was intended for this thread but i dont know for sure. i'm reposting it here but dont blame me if its not for this question :D

If you're in a hurry, you can change the name of your application directory by following these instructions, but use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

Be careful though, since you can screw up your computer if you don't know what you're doing. Otherwise, it's much safer to wait for the first patch to be released.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 8:53 am

Thank you its look that it can help me... I will try it. And if my XP crash, never mind I need to reinstal system on my PC a long time so maybe this kick me to do that :) .

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Doesnt work :( (I repleaced whole string, reboot and it show me same error. I tryed totaly clean PC from Hegemony and instal again but doesnt work too)
But I found pirate version which works. Ok I know it was an ilegal act but I wanted only try it. And it worked :) :) But I will wait on pathc... I promise... :)

Ok so Iam only idiot that solution works perfectly!!! As you can see my english is very bad and I write in english like a pig. So there was my problem when I changed folder from Data Aplikací on Application Data.. I Forgot on one P in word Application :) So I want to apologyze everyone can use it its safe and easy..