Skip navigation

Consolidated changelog?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Consolidated changelog?
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on February 23, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Alright, so I haven't played Hegemony for about a year, but now that the gold edition is out, I've started a new campaign. So I was wondering if there's some sort of consolidated changelog somewhere, that lists all the changes made in all the patches since the original game was released. I wasn't able to find a readme file in the game folder, but maybe it would be possible to get one?

In the meantime, what happened to the mansions/villas or whatever they were called?

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 24, 2011 at 12:48 am

The biggest changes are marked with a "New" star on the hegemony page. For more detailed changes, check the "beta" news posts in the News forum.

To simplify things, we removed the villas, so now you don't need to do anything special to get generals; they simply appear in a city as you complete the related quests.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on February 24, 2011 at 1:24 am

Alright, thanks. Too bad about the villas, I kind of liked them, although I guess they really were kind of superfluous. If I recall correctly, though, they used supply lines, so I guess I'm not too sad to see them go. :D

I'm looking through the changes at the moment. I've already been playing for a few hours, though, and one thing I noticed almost immediately was the new recruits system, where you have to wait for the recruits in a city to "fill up". That's an awesome change, which I've been enjoying a lot so far. It really forces you to think about where to base your units, as well as trying to keep them alive.

Looking at the overview of the gold edition features, it says that there's an added focus on charging, flanking and camping. I figured out the charging and flanking parts (weren't they in the original game, too?), but what's camping, and what does it do?

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 24, 2011 at 6:31 pm

You could certainly flank and charge in the original game, but you didn't get any buffs for them.

Camping used to reduce your consumption level, but now it actually generates food, representative of the foraging the troops would do. If your logistics are high enough, your troops will actually generate more food than they consume.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 2:26 am

Thanks again. The camping thing would've been good to know during my Paeonian campaign. :D

I'm sure it'll come in handy again, though. I like the part about high logistics. I've always kind of neglected that stat, but now it seems more worthwhile.