Skip navigation

What was different from Beta?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > What was different from Beta?
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 23, 2011 at 2:27 am

Having dug around and not finding a readme file I'd like to ask

What was upgraded from the Beta. Ah besides probably stability.

Right now I only see the stacks of coins beside each city, which "supposedly" tell me how much each city is earning and paying for upkeep, I'm guessing.

Oh and the manual mentions docks and markets. I didn't see these :3

And is an auto-attack available yet so melee units don't just stand there getting pelted if you forget them?

Lastly

Big Congrats on Gold Release :D

Level 8 Human Student
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on February 23, 2011 at 4:07 am

I'd be interested in a changelog as well.

Obviously the main thing they've done is complete the other two campaigns.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 23, 2011 at 7:21 am

Im pretty sure the Illerians didnt have phalangites on the demo but i could be wrong, their a lot tougher now with those units, also the Paeonians utilize their strong cav. units a lot more effectively and in greater numbers as far as i can tell so far.

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 23, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I'll try to put together an official change log when I get a chance but it's mostly been balance, ai and bug fixes since the beta. The biggest issues for balance were to impose a supply cap on cities and buildings to prevent huge supply caches and to put more emphasis on upgrading supply lines in order to move that supply. Also, cities and buildings will now push extra supplies when they reach their cap and units now have supply priority over cities so they won't starve when standing outside their own city.

Additionally, workers no longer use recruits to prevent them from being used as a recruit cache and they cost significantly more. Also, spearmen now take just 20 recruits for 30 men to give them more of an advantage for garrisons.

There are also a few more gameplay options to adjust difficulty and play style including recruitment speed, overall food levels, resupply methods, etc.