Skip navigation

Hegemony Gold Now Available!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Hegemony Gold Now Available!
Pages 1 2
Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 7:59 pm

The wait is over! Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece is now available. Head over to the Hegemony page to buy it now for only $29.99, or only $9.99 if you purchased Hegemony: Philip of Macedon.

For those of you who haven't been following the development of Hegemony Gold, it's an upgraded and expanded version of Hegemony that adds all sorts of goodies, including:

* Two new campaigns allowing you to play as Sparta and Athens during the Peloponnesian War.
* A sandbox mode allowing you to play any of the 26 factions in the game.
* A new diplomacy system allowing you to create truces and alliances with other factions.
* An expanded tactical system that rewards you for manoeuvres like flanking and charging.
* A new population system that emphasizes the significance of each battle.

Thanks to all the beta testers who helped test the game, and to the various people whom we talked to during our convention tour. Hegemony Gold would never have happened without you!

Level 8 Human Human
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 8:00 pm

EXCELLENT!! Thank you!!!!!

Level 8 Human Paladin
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Can we use our keys for Gold to unlock the game on Steam, complete with automatic updates and everything, once it's available there? I don't mean just adding the game to our library through a shortcut.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Thank you too but I thought that for people who bought it on steam (big different betwen dolars and euros) it will be free. It was mentioned here on forum. So now I dont know if I must bought it when I have version from steam. And can I pay here by paypal?
Thank you for answer. And great work I cant wait on plaing :)

Level 8 Human Test Dummy (MK III)
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 8:16 pm

WHOO-WHO About Time. I am so happy!!!!!!!!

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Huzzah!

Level 8 Human Test Dummy (MK III)
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 8:22 pm

Downloading now......and Playing!!!

Posted on February 22, 2011 at 8:40 pm

@Onyx: Unfortunately, the game isn't going to be available on Steam for a while.
@Ludvig: If you bought it on Steam, you can register your copy here, and then you'll be eligible for the cheaper upgrade. It was a free upgrade during the beta, but that offer expired in December.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Oh sorry... Ok so I go to upgrade my version :)
ty for quick answer.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Can I pay here by paypal?

Level 8 Human Paladin
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 9:26 pm

@Onyx: Unfortunately, the game isn't going to be available on Steam for a while.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I'm asking if, when it does become available on Steam, we can unlock Gold on Steam as a full game using the upgrade key we would get now, allowing for redownloading and auto-updates from Steam. Call me lazy, but I like having all my games in one place with updates taken care of automatically. If it can be, I'd happily buy it now and unlock it whenever it's available. If not, I may hold out for Gold until it's available on Steam.

Come to think of it, how will the upgrade work on Steam? Will we just have to come here if we want the $10 price? (I can't recall if this was answered somewhere before)

Posted on February 22, 2011 at 9:36 pm

@arti6753: Yep, our store supports PayPal.
@Onyx: I'm afraid any details on Steam at this point would be purely theoretical.

Level 8 Human Paladin
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 9:57 pm

Oh, I see. Thanks anyway. I do hope it'll be unlockable on Steam in the future though.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 10:23 pm

@arti6753: Yep, our store supports PayPal.

Thanks for the quick reply!
I appreciate your kindness.:)

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 23, 2011 at 6:25 am

Great day, thanks you for your great job !

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 23, 2011 at 10:04 am

Hi I have a problem with launching the game... every time when I start a game it show me a logo of Longbow but after that game crach back to desktop with this error : GK2UnicodeException - an error occured while running Hegemony. Excepted 10xxxxxx while parsing UTF8 char.

Is here someone know what it mean?

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on February 23, 2011 at 12:17 pm

This is great! Glad to see that the Peleponessian Wars are getting some love. Downloading now.

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on February 23, 2011 at 12:38 pm

GK2UnicodeException - an error occured while running Hegemony. Excepted 10xxxxxx while parsing UTF8 char.

My first suggestion would be to try and reinstall the game as it sounds like something might be corrupted. You can also send us a dump file and we can take a look at it. You should be prompted to save a dump file after the error message. You can always e-mail dump files to rob@longbowgames.com

Level 8 Human Sage
Posted on February 23, 2011 at 3:21 pm

id like to add my congrats and thanks to all at LDA on the release of Gold. i wish u every success with it and hope it secures LDAs future and ensures that we, the players, get a supply of more outstanding games for many years to come.
i'm proud to have been a beta tester and in some small way contributed to the finished product. id like to thank Rob in particular for his hard work and his willingness to listen to the testers and get into sometimes quite detailed discussions of various game aspects.
And for the record, only played a few hours of the final release so far but loving it, and loving the changes since the last beta.

Level 8 Human Whermacht (deceased)
Posted on February 23, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Great Game Guys!

Pages 1 2