Skip navigation

Realism for Caeser`s conquests of Gaul

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Realism for Caeser`s conquests of Gaul
Level 8 Human Test Dummy (MK III)
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on February 21, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Hi, I am starting this thread to say that I would like to see realistic Romans. It has come to my attention that in games such as Grand Ages: Rome and Rome: Total War that Romans and barbarians alike were rather unrealistic. I personally loved the amount of research that went into Hegemony and it clearly showed. I would expect a similar amount would go into the sequel and I just wanted to let you know that I would love to see realistic Romans and barbarians for a change. My brother is into Rome and he gets very annoyed by unrealistic Romans so he requested that I do this.

P.S. I also like your participation in the forums so I hope you listen to this

Level 8 Human Student
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 5:23 am

If there was a sequel based around Rome (which would be quite an undertaking!) then the developers would do well to look at the Europa Barbarorum mod for Rome: Total War, which does the whole realism thing rather well. Some way of modelling Roman politics would also have to be considered.

Level 8 Human Test Dummy (MK III)
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 3:04 pm

I read somewhere that that is the next game after Hegemony Gold.

Level 8 Human Hegemon
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 6:04 pm

I read somewhere that that is the next game after Hegemony Gold.

Just conjecture at this point. This community has proposed dozens of ideas which could all be great follow-ups.