Skip navigation

Hegemony wiki

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony wiki
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 21, 2011 at 9:32 pm

I've created a Wikia site for this brilliant game.

http://hegemonygold.wikia.com

Please add as much info as you can!

Level 8 Human Test Dummy (MK III)
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on February 21, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Cool, I would like to help!

Level 8 Human Hegemon
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 7:59 am

Nice work FunkyMatic. Maybe you could ask the dev's for permission to use some of the official descriptions in the wiki? Other than that I'm glad to help, just think they may want the first crack at it.

Level 8 Human mage
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on February 23, 2011 at 8:28 pm

hi just a little idea for the wikia. Console commands how to eg. how to add a unit edit a city ect would be greatly appreciated if it could be added to the wikia XD

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 23, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Feel free to use all the official descriptions. You might want to take a look at our media kit.

Here's a couple places where people have discussed cheats:

http://www.longbowgames.com/forums/topic/?id=2215
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1578952

Level 8 Human Sage
Posted on February 24, 2011 at 8:16 am

your link to media kit is broken so i took the liberty of posting a working one

media kit

on a side note its worth noting theres a link to the game manual there in PDF format (vanilla not Gold). something that i didnt know even existed until months after first playing Hegemony.

ive registered on the wikia site and will probably try and make some progress on the wiki.

Level 8 Human Sage
Posted on February 24, 2011 at 8:57 am

ok i made a start but i'm a little reluctant to put much effort into it since its entitled "Hegemony Gold: Philip of Macedon Wiki", which is something that doesnt exist. I cant edit that, presumably only the original creator can, and "Funkymatic" is not a member of the community i am familiar with and has done nothing here or on the wiki since he created it.

i admit i'm not familiar at all with the processes involved in creating and maintaining a wiki, but id much prefer to see one created and "owned" by the LDA team, then i can work on it with the confidence that its in safe hands. No disrespect intended to Funkymatic but "i dont know you from Adam" as they say.

Level 8 Human Hegemon
Posted on February 24, 2011 at 5:59 pm

id much prefer to see one created and "owned" by the LDA team, then i can work on it with the confidence that its in safe hands.

Agreed here. Is there anyway to make one then hand it off to them? I'm sure they're taking a well deserved rest after Gold.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 25, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Feel free to use all the official descriptions. You might want to take a look at our media kit.

Here's a couple places where people have discussed cheats:

http://www.longbowgames.com/forums/topic/?id=2215
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1578952

Is there anywhere modding is discussed? I'm looking to increase fort garrison strength and the rate of fire on the fort missles (and possibly cities as well).

I beat the beta on expert already so I'd like to try a different experience where blitzing isn't as effective.

Level 8 Human mage
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on February 26, 2011 at 10:08 am

heres another post on console commands that i asked for

http://www.longbowgames.com/forums/topic/?id=2427

Level 8 Human Sage
Posted on February 28, 2011 at 7:52 am

to save us answering the same questions over and over ive started a FAQs page.

Level 8 Human Paladin
Posted on February 28, 2011 at 11:40 pm

Yeah, I would feel better if Funkymatic was a little more active. I haven't seen anything of him since this post.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on March 1, 2011 at 6:07 am

Wow what a response! I'm so happy to see all the great work going on.

I work 12 hour rotating shifts so I can often go for 4 or 5 days without having much time to check up on forums. To be honest this had totally slipped my mind. I'm so glad you guys are as big fans of this game as i am.

I've sent off a quick message to the wikia admin to see if we can change the title of the wiki. I haven't been able to find a way to do that myself yet.

I'm also perfectly happy with handing it over to the LDA team if they want to take that on. I was quite surprised to see nobody had already created one.

I'll make a mental note to check these boards more.

Peace out!

Level 8 Human Paladin
Posted on March 1, 2011 at 10:41 am

Speak o' the devil!

Level 8 Human Sage
Posted on March 1, 2011 at 5:06 pm

Onyx... there seems to be some confusion here over collaborative work. what gives you the right to edit my work, rewording it to your liking? for example, what gives you the right to decide that "sequel" to PoM is the correct word to use for Gold, rather than "replacement"?
i happen to believe that replacement is a better word because PoM is no longer for sale on Longbows site, Gold has completely relaced it, and it includes all the content of PoM.
I'd appreciate you discussing any issues you have with my work with me if you feel it needs changing. and other ppl would probably feel the same. otherwise were going to end up in an editing tit-for-tat war, or ppl will simply stop contributing.

that being said, you clearly have a better idea of how to change the layouts and appearance of pages than i do. i have neither the time nor the inclination to learn it, so good job on the work youve done in that regard. and i hope you continue to do so.

Level 8 Human Paladin
Posted on March 1, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Oh, it's no longer sold at all? It would indeed be a replacement then. I was always under the impression that it was just a sequel, so the wording seemed very odd. Sorry man, I meant no offense. Neither here nor Wikia seems very conducive to private chatting, so do you happen to have an IM somewhere?

Level 8 Human Sage
Posted on March 1, 2011 at 8:03 pm

apology accepted. it was a misunderstanding.
i do have IM but its reserved for a very small circle of true friends. i wouldnt mind adding you for purposes of the wiki but i wouldnt like to post it here or any other public means, so i'm not really sure how we would work that. i thought the wiki had ways to message each other tho?
also i'm not sure how much i'm going to contribute. youve already put a lot of effort into it and are doing a great job. i would just like to be able to make contributions as/when i feel inspired to do so, without them being re-written unless theres a good reason. and i'm sure other ppl would feel the same.
although i fully agree that a badly written contribution can bring the tone of the whole wiki down and degrade everyones contributions, i just feel we need to be sensitive about their efforts and encourage more ppl to contribute.

id like to see more input from other ppl even if its just suggestions here about what needs to be done, then maybe we can create a "to do list" on the wiki, and some tips/guidelines (such as specifying when something only applies to PoM or only to Gold), and ppl that wish to contribute have a starting point.
for example, one thing i considered was a more in-depth description/discussion of the game options and in particular the difference they make to gameplay.

Level 8 Human Paladin
Posted on March 1, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Wikia's messaging system seems really primitive though. I'm not sure I like it, but it'll keep everything in one place.

Go for it with the game options thing. I'm up for digging through the globals file in the game data for unit stats (though we could get 'em easily enough in-game) and IDs and the scenario data for a full list of generals. Seems like we could also do pages for each objective group (instead of for each individual quest).