Skip navigation

Philip of Macedon version 1.1.5 released; Hegemony Gold launching this Tuesday

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Philip of Macedon version 1.1.5 released; Hegemony Gold launching this Tuesday
Pages 1 2
Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 16, 2011 at 4:34 pm

We've got a couple announcements today. First, we've released an update to Philip of Macedon, which fixes a couple minor bugs. Head over to the Download Centre to download it. More details on the bug fixes after the jump.

We'll also be releasing Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece this Tuesday. If you haven't been following the news, Hegemony Gold is an upgraded and expanded version of Hegemony which adds two new campaigns where you play as Sparta or Athens, a sandbox mode allowing you to play as any faction, a new diplomacy system, new tactical buffs, and lots of tweaks. You'll be able to pick that up for only $29.99, or $9.99 if you've already purchased Philip of Macedon. So check back with us on Tuesday to get your copy!

Updates in version 1.1.5:
* Fixed bug: "Under attack" message repeats when enemy triremes are in rough water.
* Fixed bug: Grouped missile units always attack the closest enemy instead of the targeted enemy.

Level 8 Human Being
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on February 16, 2011 at 6:24 pm

When you say "this Tuesday" I assume you mean next Tuesday, Feb 22. Will there be a chance to pre-order gold and gain access to the beta in the meantime?

If I originally purchased Hegemony on Steam, then registered here, am I eligible to both upgrade to Gold here and/or on Steam once it is released there (separately) for the $9.99 price?

Level 8 Human Human
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 16, 2011 at 8:21 pm

If I originally purchased Hegemony on Steam, then registered here, am I eligible to both upgrade to Gold here and/or on Steam once it is released there (separately) for the $9.99 price?

Ooh! Tuesday! I know we are all excited about this!!

I think also Faxanadu's question is relevant to those of us on Impulse, too.

Level 8 Human Hegemon
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on February 16, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Wow, so soon after the announcement - makes the wait to the definite date that much easier. Thank you for your hard work.

Posted on February 17, 2011 at 12:00 pm

Anybody who registered their copy here will definitely be eligible for the upgrade.

@Faxanadu: Unfortunately, we're not set up for pre-orders. But you only have to wait five days :)

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 17, 2011 at 3:31 pm

And will this be available on Steam on Tuesday?

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on February 18, 2011 at 1:28 am

Congratulations on getting it out. Don't know when I'll find time to play again...

Posted on February 18, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Unfortuantely, I'm afraid Hegemony Gold isn't going to be available on Steam for a while, but if you register your copy of Philip on our site you'll be eligible for the upgrade offer from us.

Level 8 Human Paladin
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on February 18, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Would I be correct in assuming that we have to register our copy of PoM before Gold is released in order to be eligible for the $10 upgrade fee?

Or would it not matter at all, since PoM is $20 and with the upgrade fee, you get your $30 regardless?

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Good
Posted on February 19, 2011 at 10:24 am

Yay! I've mentioned it to the guys on Wargamer.com too.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 19, 2011 at 3:30 pm

I have a question, i got the game during the winter steam sales, but only just registered it today, will i be still eligible for the upgrade offer?

Level 8 Human Strategy gamer
Posted on February 19, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Great news indeed. I will buy and download it as soon it's released. Hegemony: Philip II of Macedon is a great game and the gold version will improve it for sure.

And I love all the historical facts that are added into the game. It makes it all so much more interesting!

Level 21 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on February 19, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Yes, the upgrade will apply to any copy of HPoM, whenever it is registered on our site.

Jim

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on February 21, 2011 at 10:20 am

I registered the gold beta, do I need to buy it nce more to play the full version?

Level 8 Human Sage
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 9:25 am

I registered the gold beta, do I need to buy it nce more to play the full version?

no

Level 8 Human Test Dummy (MK III)
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 12:40 pm

I am checking this site for the hegemony gold release every five minutes, is there a time when they will release it?

Posted on February 22, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I'm working on it now!

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 2:36 pm

Thank you, you are great ;)

Level 8 Human Test Dummy (MK III)
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 3:06 pm

I'm working on it now!
I assume you mean the time of release?

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 3:10 pm

OMG I live in Czech Republic (EU) so I have nearly 22:00 but if you will realise it in two hours I cant go to the work tomorow... And I have a steam version, I registreted the game here so when you relise it, can I simply download it?
PS: I have normaly steam version for 20 euros not that was in christmas action.

Pages 1 2