Skip navigation

TM mini tutorials

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > TM mini tutorials
Pages 1 2 3
Level 13 Human Unaffiliated Game Maker
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on December 20, 2005 at 4:30 am

The bad lag was when I replaced a few of the dark matter *chunks spewed with a sort of wonk (the projectile of the shadow keeper) projectile.

It increased the power but caused massive lag. :D so I changed it back.

*Dark matter being the black spheres which I created with some freakish accident but found they looked better than what I had intended! :lol:
They're just explospheres, if you chase down the bmp used for them you'll see that it's not even black! :P

But I still think it would cause massive lag online. Try it if you like.

Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 20, 2005 at 11:12 pm

It's thunderstorm :( Yo Rick, want to take a look at it and see if you can spot why? I can't figure it out, but it was thunderstorm not allowing me to put the addons folder into the main folder.

Without thunderstorm, you may come to my server. The mods needed are: Blade of the Betrayer, BigBombModPack, hallsted, holiday, kasplatt, masterweaponpacksso, moddeathbomb, moddreadnoughtcartoon (optional), modnuclearlaser, modorbs, modprototypestealth, tank target's mod pack. I like to use as many weapons as I can, and maybe you might need the alpha nova.

There you will be able to try out my latest mods: Prayer To God, Gravitational Charger, and Fullpower. Wierd Dynamite will be put off until I get that fixed.

These are only for testing, and I will be accepting opinions and advice on how to make the mods better on the server. I will be there if it does not cause too much lag.

Anyone want to take a look at my Grav. Charg. to see why it only pushes out although I have the four explosions in a rectangle to push the tanks in?

I will try to remember to give credit to those who help :D :D :D :D 8) 8)

How about all the ais on one team?

Nice picture of Super Sonic, off of which game did you get that?

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on December 20, 2005 at 11:26 pm

Um... dennis... that seems to be quite a lot of mod packs. I heard one time that if there are too many mods, it causes problems on a server/computer. I don't know much, but maybe it's a good idea to find some way to have less mod packs on that server... that's just my opinon of course.

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on December 21, 2005 at 12:06 am

Yeap, TM gets funky when there are too many mods.Se it (and caused it) for too many times. LOL

Posted on December 21, 2005 at 9:27 am

Lol I made an addons folder which I put loads of peoples modpacks and stuff in, I haven't had any problems but maybee the problems are caused by conflicting file names ect.

Dennis, you said death bomb! My death bomb? I don't even remember that I released that one, no complaints but I would have thought it would create lag won't it, it sends fire in all directions! :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 23, 2005 at 7:28 pm

I need someone to make me a dynamite mesh for my weapon Weird Dynamite, I don't have software for creating lwo and luv files.

Posted on December 24, 2005 at 6:50 am

Woo, dynamite, funny, I was thinking about that last week (but of course I think I might have mentioned that my best pc has crashed so all my mods are postponed(? spelling).

I duno what you have planned but I thought maybee it would have a plunger mesh on the back of the tank, and it could fire sticks of dynamite, theese would have a spark-like smoke-trail with an offset so that it would be at one end of the stick. :D

But you go ahead and do it how you see fit. :lol:

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on December 24, 2005 at 11:46 pm

I can try making it in blender and send you an lwo.

If you wanna learn how to use blender, just ask.
To be honest... takes about five steps.

Make a circle.
Extrude to cylinder.
Extrude a cylinder again, to make the fuse.
Save as lwo.

See? Two steps.
*counts feet to make sure*
I'm right!

So what'll it be, chum? Like me to make the mesh in six steps?
We could even make a toilet and make it sit on people...
In 3d

*tries to find his medication*
Ahh... cookie dough
*glug glug glug*
*belch*

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on December 25, 2005 at 12:19 am

Well darn... I believe the version of lwo that blender uses is too new for lithunwrap. Gimme a day or two to find some stuff on how to backwards convert.

But it took me (checks clock) 2 minutes to do it.

*waits for a cookie...*

*realizes he did nothing to deserve one, but hopes someone will be nice and give one away anyways*

Posted on December 25, 2005 at 4:33 am

*Gives Dudy a Cookie and pats him on the head.*

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on December 25, 2005 at 12:28 pm

*Gives Dudymas a Firefox Cookie*
Happy Holidays! :mrgreen:

Level 14 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on December 25, 2005 at 10:15 pm

*Gives Dudymas a Firefox Cookie*
Happy Holidays! :mrgreen:

... Firefox Cookie?

What is a Firefox Cookie doing in this place.

Level 14 Human gamer
Posted on December 27, 2005 at 3:24 am

You'd think a firefox would cook by itself, am I right?

And Cookies are tasty delicious snacks.

And alas... finally I'm starting to hit the age where but my butt jiggles for a month if I eat a tube of cookie dough
*sad sigh*

And I'm gonna still need time to find out how I'm going to backwards convert these lwo's... dangit dangit.

Posted on December 27, 2005 at 12:15 pm

Isn't there something like on psp 5 where you can decrease the image quality, only with the mesh? :shock: Blehk, what am I talking about, of course not. :roll:

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on December 29, 2005 at 9:23 am

Jujaga, by firefox do you mean the internet browser. It definitely rocks, it is faster than internet explorer. My mom put it on my computer around two days ago.
I think my monitor is going out, it keeps on jumping around in horizontal positions along lines (this probably sounds confusing to you, kinda does t o me). Finished the changes to gravitationalcharge, now for each of the three explosions you will hear an explosion and then a voice saying "deep hurting (breath in) deep hurting". Got that part off of chiphurt, increased volume, and inserted a sound file in front of it.

I have plans to make a tank that explodes with a nuclear blast. :D

I also have plans to make a spy tank, one that makes no noise. :D

For a time bomb, I tried to mix part of the flamer with the airstrike, now it looks like an airstrike box going around in a circle with a sat. dish following it. :lol:

I still need someone to volunteer to take a look at thunderstorm to find out why it was preventing me from using the addons folder in the same folder as tm.exe. When I tried to launch my server it froze when it downloaded the lightning flash textures, I think it was lightningflash2.bmp or something like that.

Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 29, 2005 at 9:48 am
Level 14 Human Shadow
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 29, 2005 at 9:50 am

Isn't there something like on psp 5 where you can decrease the image quality, only with the mesh? :shock: Blehk, what am I talking about, of course not. :roll:

Yes, but the algorithms are a pain to use and a pain to find a good one. I don't think Blender has a good one - it's simply a reduce points command. Lightwave I believe has a good one, but since I don't have Lightwave, I can't check.

Level 14 Human Sr Code Monkey
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on December 29, 2005 at 6:57 pm

Yah lightwave has a good one, but it has its limits.

Posted on December 30, 2005 at 6:30 am

What? I was right? Does that mean I get a cookie too???!!! :shock:

Pages 1 2 3