Skip navigation

This wait is killing me XD

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > This wait is killing me XD
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on February 8, 2011 at 8:58 am

I'm incredibly excited for Hegemony Gold.

Checking the site several times daily for updates on Gold release date. I know it's this month but I just can't take it anymore :D Dammit I'm daydreaming about playing as the Athenian Empire and kicking the 'skaton' out of everyone!

Kudos to the team for creating such a cracking game. Keep up the good work :)

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on February 8, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Longbow games you are the pusher man. Hegemony is your crack.

Level 8 Human
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on February 9, 2011 at 8:51 am

Why arent they working nights and weekends ? I dont care if they have no life....just get the game out.

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 9, 2011 at 11:03 am

I am also anticipating this release by checking the site several times a day, however I am glad its not out yet or else my education will suffer big time! More importantly for Longbow though, is that they take their time and present a well rounded final build (as they have with Philip of Macedon).

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 9, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Yeah, I thought we would've at least seen a Hegemony beta release for $10 by now.

Level 9 Human Student
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on February 9, 2011 at 6:32 pm

I am also anticipating this release by checking the site several times a day, however I am glad its not out yet or else my education will suffer big time! More importantly for Longbow though, is that they take their time and present a well rounded final build (as they have with Philip of Macedon).

I agree with this.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 9, 2011 at 9:10 pm

Why arent they working nights and weekends ? I dont care if they have no life....just get the game out.

No. This isn't how you should talk about the Dev team. It's disrespectful and doesn't take into account their real life commitments.

They've done a superb job, and I wish them all the best for the future. The last thing they need is people breathing down their necks in a ridiculous fashion screaming 'WEN IS DA GAEM READYZ?!?!11ONE?!'

Level 8 Human
Posted on February 9, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Geez, lighten up...a little humuor. Anyway, pain never hurt anyone. Pressure is good for the cooking and the cook. Thats it, I'm out of sayings.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 10, 2011 at 9:21 am

Yeah man, it was just a little sarcasm.

Anyway, really hope Gold releases soon, another weekend without Gold may destroy me. (<----joke)

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 10, 2011 at 8:27 pm

O man i need the gold fix. Getting raped from all sides without diplomacy makes things 5 times harder :(

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 10, 2011 at 11:40 pm

I've already been saving up to buy the Gold version as well.. Looking forward to playing the release version sooN!

Level 9 Human Vault Technician
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 11, 2011 at 6:01 am

Think of it this way guys: The longer it takes, the cooler it'll be. ;)

I'm also extremely anxious to get my hands on Gold, but we all know the guys at LB aren't sitting in the office, twiddling their thumbs, but polishing our beloved game.
I've had plenty of bad experiences with (mostly big) companies rushing half-baked games out the gates for profit. Longbow on the other hand already have an awesome, full-featured title on their hands, yet they still want to make sure it looks, plays and feels finished. To me, that's a huge positive and I hope they take as long as they feel is necessary.

Level 8 Human
Posted on February 11, 2011 at 7:49 pm

I've had plenty of bad experiences with (mostly big) companies rushing half-baked games out the gates for profit. Yes haven't we all. I get the impression they work on a game till the money runs out then they publish it, wait for the money to come in, then spend some more on it. I also get the impression they hack bits off in the development stage to include in expansions, trying to give the minimum product that they think people will pay for then slug them again for expansions. Indies cant do that. They annoy three people and they are out of business.

Level 8 Human Paladin
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on February 12, 2011 at 1:53 am

The previous two posts describe Paradox Interactive perfectly. Good rule of thumb for Paradox games is wait 2 years after the release of the base game, then buy the game and all its expansions for cheap, plus a developed modding community and a good deal of patches.

Magicka and Hearts of Iron 3 are both excellent examples of this.

Here's hoping that Longbow doesn't fall into the same trap some time in the future.

Level 8 Human Hegemon
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on February 12, 2011 at 6:40 pm

The previous two posts describe Paradox Interactive perfectly. Good rule of thumb for Paradox games is wait 2 years after the release of the base game, then buy the game and all its expansions for cheap, plus a developed modding community and a good deal of patches.

Magicka and Hearts of Iron 3 are both excellent examples of this.

Here's hoping that Longbow doesn't fall into the same trap some time in the future.

Your point is valid but you need to give Paradox credit for their massive, especially active, and passionate community, and the mod tools they provide to it. Besides, if the initial release has room for improvement, the fans get to help guide the direction games and series take.

That kind of dev involvement already seems to be starting here, which I'm happy to see. It also helps that they've put out a great game which has incredible potential.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 16, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Well, whatever else may be true of Paradox; I think they make some of the best grand strategy games I can find.

Although you have to cut them a bit of slack considering the massive nature of their games. Anyway, Victoria II seemed like it started off a lot better than HOI 3.

I didn't realize that Paradox was /directly/ involved in Magicka, although I don't know much about it.

Hopefully Gold is a very strong release!

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 19, 2011 at 5:50 pm

please release it tomorrow, will be the best birthday present ever

Level 8 Human Test Dummy (MK III)
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 12:12 am

I want to play as Sparta. I have one question/concern/suggestion. It appears to me (correct me if I`m wrong) that the spartan generals are calvary. Leonidas had footsoldiers at Thermopylae though so shouldn`t the generals have elite footsoldiers as a bodyguard?

Level 8 Human
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 1:02 am

It appears to me (correct me if I`m wrong) that the spartan generals are calvary. Calvary is the name of the Mountain where Jesus was crucfied. I think you mean cavalry.

Level 8 Human Test Dummy (MK III)
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 8:17 am

oops, typo.
yes, I do mean cavalry (mounted soldiers)