Skip navigation

Praise

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Praise
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 8, 2011 at 6:14 am

The byline for this forum section says "The developers at Longbow have been working very hard on their latest game; they'd love to hear what you have to say about it."

Having read that, I figured I'd register purely for the purpose of saying that this is probably the best, most engrossing game I have played in the last year, maybe longer than that. I've bought so many different games on Steam recently, big releases, Indie titles, oldies, and Hegemony has knocked every single one of them off the playlist completely. Even the wonder that is Minecraft, my last serious addiction, is now ignored.

I couldn't possibly put my finger on what you've done so well (apart from the scale, the atmosphere, the art, the mechanics...and so on), but you've done it anyway, it works, and 80 hours in, with only Persia and the Peloponnese left to conquer, I'm still utterly hooked, enjoying every moment, but dreading the end of the game.

I bought this game on Steam because it was cheap - I knew nothing about it, hadn't heard of it, seen it reviewed or previewed anywhere, which now seems almost a crime that I could have missed this.

I sincerely hope the game has been a financial success for the team at Longbow, and that you are inspired to follow it up with a worthy sequel or new ideas for the format. You've got one guaranteed customer right here.