Skip navigation

blend = ? (modding)

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Tread Marks > blend = ? (modding)
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on February 5, 2011 at 4:25 pm

I recently noticed that if you set "blend" to " = add", it will make the tank transparent in the sense that the luminosity scale turns into an alpha channel scale (non graphic designers, etc: means it turns the brightness/darkness of an object into how transparent it is), in this case, white means visible, black means transparent. I'm wondering, are there any other things you can set blend to? I know in graphic design software, there are other blend modes such as multiply, but setting "blend = multiply" did nothing, it seems.

Level 13 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on February 5, 2011 at 6:04 pm

from the EEK:

Add can be used. Blend mode of texture with terrain (add/alpha)

Add is addative blend, alpha allows for "alpha mapping sort of. It uses color 0 of a 256 color image for transparent IIRC.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 5, 2011 at 6:23 pm

ok thanks.

hmm, if not in already, there should be a reflectivity setting. That in this case would be an amount (0-100, 100 being like super chrome) that environment and other tanks' colors affected the color on said tank. Would be a very cool setting on some liquid tanks. Not sure how hard this would be to code, either, but probably very complex.

Level 13 Human Sr Code Monkey
Alignment: Chaotic
Location: lost in the evil lands, of soccer-mom piloted minivans....
Posted on February 6, 2011 at 11:54 am

Its already there, more or less, for mesh-based entities:

EnvBasisModel 1 to lock the environment map basis matrix to the model's rotation

EnvLight Not sure, but I think this controls whether the ambient light is reflected. This has something to do with if the mesh reflects the sky (such as is the case with the ram drills bit).

EnvMode Effects application of textures to mesh (none, texture, global, blend)

You should dl the EEK:

http://www.boomstickjoes.com/treadmarks/files/EEK.zip

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on February 6, 2011 at 3:02 pm

ooh thanks! this helps me sooo much.

--P.S. is there a way to have a signature? I got something in mind for one. :D