Skip navigation

Questions about the Gold version

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Questions about the Gold version
Level 8 Human enforcer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on January 31, 2011 at 5:24 pm

I just finished the standard version, and have a couple of questions about the Gold one. (Gotta feed that Hegemony addiction, or at least endure until the Gold is released)

1. What is the fastest (not the cheapest) way to get my hands on it? I have the Steam version, and I did not buy at a time when it came with any perks.

2. Does the Gold version allow you to play as other factions? If yes, are there any 'bonus' events, like cities allying with you, special units, princesses, etc?

3. Does the Gold version let allied/mercenary units advance in experience?

4. Does the Gold version come with other scenarios but the full map? Something small and extra difficult, for example?

5. Is there a scenario editor?

Level 8 Human Sage
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 31, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Hi Tuidjy, welcome to the club :)

1) Gold final was pencilled-in for release early Feb. i have no idea if this is still the target or not, hopefully someone from LDA can answer that for both you and the rest of us very soon. The last official word relevant to your question was of making it possible to pre-order Gold and then get immediate access to the Beta in the interim. You can find that discussion on this thread

2) yes u can play as other factions. there are actually 3 (thats from memory but i think its 3) new full campaigns (in addition to the PoM campaign that youre familair with, making 4 in total). Also you can play sandbox mode as any other faction that exists in the game.

3) No. only native units level thru experience.

4) See the answer to 2)

5) No there is no scenario editor and, as far as i am aware there has been no announcement stating that is something that would be included in the future.

Hope this helps :)

Edit: Posted on February 2, 2011 at 9:35 pm
2) yes u can play as other factions. there are actually 3 (thats from memory but i think its 3) new full campaigns (in addition to the PoM campaign that youre familair with, making 4 in total). Also you can play sandbox mode as any other faction that exists in the game.

There are actually 2 new full campaigns not 3, and the 4th is the Sandbox mode as described.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on January 31, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Gold will definitely be coming out this month. The new "bundles" feature I added to the website was actually written so we can offer $10 upgrades. I'm working on a webpage for Gold as we speak.

Level 8 Human enforcer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on February 1, 2011 at 2:27 am

Thanks for the answers. I'm looking forward to the release.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on February 1, 2011 at 4:13 am

Gold will definitely be coming out this month. The new "bundles" feature I added to the website was actually written so we can offer $10 upgrades. I'm working on a webpage for Gold as we speak.
Will the new Gold include PoM? If so will it include Diplomacy in this version? I noticed the Gold Beta has a Diplomacy icon but PoM does not!
Then I'd have to learn how to use it...lol

thx for the great game

Level 8 Human Sage
Posted on February 1, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Gold includes the philip of macedon campaign, yes, but using the Gold mechanics, including diplomacy.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on February 2, 2011 at 1:35 pm

omg omg omg omg omg feb is my favorite month, Birthday and release of Gold :D yayy... Take my money awayyyyy quick

Level 8 Human Paladin
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on February 2, 2011 at 8:46 pm

The only thing I'm worried about is upgrading from a Steam copy. How will that work? Will you guys at Longbow be able to see the date we bought Hegemony on Steam and award an upgrade based on that? Or will it be like if you have a Hegemony key already, for a limited amount of time after the release you'll be able to buy the $10 upgrade?

And also: will it be available on Steam immediately on release? Or will you release somewhere else, like here, first?

Level 8 Human Sage
Posted on February 2, 2011 at 9:21 pm

i'm 99.9% certain that you will have to register your copy of PoM here (whether from Steam or anywhere else) in order to qualify for the discount off Gold.

i'm guessing that A) initialy Gold will be here before its on Steam, and B) in order to get the discount you would have to purchase from here anyway. i dont think Steam has any variable pricing mechanism for simultaneous (sp?) purchases.

Regardless it certainly wont do any harm to register your copy of PoM here. All u need is your serial code (CD Key) for PoM from Steam. Its on a link on the right hand side when u have PoM selected, and u can just click "Copy to Clipboard"

Follow the link on the top right of these pages for Download Centre.
There u will see:

Did you purchase one of our games elsewhere? Click here to add it to your purchases

Follow that link and fill in the details.

Alternatively try this direct link.

https://www.longbowgames.com/gamereg
(People need to be registered)