Skip navigation

Slave Formations?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Slave Formations?
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 29, 2011 at 2:25 am

Quite often now my slaves go into a super long 40 man single file line which for obvious reasons causes problems, any way to adjust the formations of slaves or is there some keyboard command I am unaware of? (PoM)
(This is not a major bug, but it can be quite annoying when they do this and you have them following your army hauling food around for you.)

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 29, 2011 at 5:10 pm

Also Ive crashed twice now with something about Formation index exceeding the number of available positions.

Level 8 Human Sage
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 30, 2011 at 9:57 am

i dont use slaves much. basically just to work in mines, but i have had similar happen with my regular units. sometimes boarding/unboarding from ships, enter/exiting cities, or squeezing thru mountain passes etc, they get their formation mixed up. they go into, and get stuck in, single line formation. just manually change the formation back using the button in the controls in the bottom right of your screen, the 3x3 box of 9 buttons (which is also tied to your numpad keys), one of which is to change formation.

hope this helps.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 31, 2011 at 5:27 pm

Thanks for the reply, yea unfortunately you cannot dictate slave formations so my solution is just once their formation goes all whacky swap them with some slave group in a nearby mine.

Thanks again