Skip navigation

I have an idea and also something to confess...

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > General Chatter > I have an idea and also something to confess...
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 27, 2011 at 2:09 am

hey why not porting dx-ball to the psp?
it's a good idea since dx-ball is not so heavy, so it might just do!
if someone here knows any developer help me warn him\her\them of my idea, since i'm new here...

about the confession
D'oh!
i frequent the pirate bay very often for video and some appz, then from nothing i remembered the old game i was critically addicted to, dx-ball 1 and i decided to search for an updated version, dx-ball 2, it wasn't free so i tried my patched eye friend, BUT, when i saw one of the lawbreaking posts there i saw one that came from the developers...
here it is:

=============================Skrapion às 2008-09-26 04:56 CET:=====================================

Hi everyone, this is Rick from Longbow Digital Arts. We obviously don't approve of this torrent, but this being the venerable Pirate Bay, there's not much we can do to stop you.

So I'm going to make a plea: we're a tiny development studio with only five employees, and we're currently working on a very ambitious project.

At this point, every little bit helps, so if you like this game, please consider buying a copy from us. It's only $15, after all. So head over to www.ldagames.com if you'd like to help us out.

It's also worth noting that the version of the game being hosted here is very old; the latest version you can get through us has a bunch of bug-fixes, particularly if you're running Windows Vista.
===================================================================================================

i felt really bad when he said it's a team of five and even worse when he said there is another masterpiece on the come...
i can't buy it right now so i'll (try to)resist the temptation, and delete the file from my pc so i won't be considered a totally bad person...

don't worry whenever i can i'll buy but i'm from Brazil, so such things come really hard(lack of cash, the issue it seems...)
hey!
you guys have a guaranteed brazilian fan!
thats not bad after all...

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 27, 2011 at 2:10 am

PS: the developer's post is dated 2008...
ooops