Skip navigation

Innovative Gameplay

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Innovative Gameplay
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 26, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Hegemony brings ingenious solutions and changes to the "Total War" genre by creating a more streamlined tactical and strategic experience while doing everything in real time. These simple solutions bring a fundamental change in how you carry tactical deployment, invasion and defensive counterattacks. No longer do we have the frustrating experience of having an enemy stack rush right by us in between a turn in a turn base model. This in itself is a great innovation.

The Total War team is afraid of altering anything to its gameplay cannons because it lacks confidence in what truly made their franchise great. Consequently, they fail to reinvent and build upon themselves.

An Indie developer like Longbow can succeed against the big guy by recognizing and seizing those opportunities.

P.S. I'm also a fan of the Supply Line mechanics and looking forward to more of that! The shorter scope of the game is also better because 10 to 30 years of history is better than covering 500 years. Can't wait to see your diplomacy system.

Level 8 Human Paladin
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on January 28, 2011 at 12:48 pm

The combat AI needs some tweaks for sure, but it's pretty solid. Hegemony is definitely refreshing after playing Total War for months.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 28, 2011 at 7:37 pm

The more I play this game, the more I like it!!!

At first, I didn't know what I was doing, but after reading the Strategy Guide in the forums
and watching a clip on You Tube, I have learned a lot and now feel a bit more sure as I flounder into the Paeonian Campaign.

I just wanted to give you Guys Kudos on a great game.
I look forward to your next project. Thanks for creating this game.