Skip navigation

Rise of Rome

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Rise of Rome
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on January 4, 2011 at 10:51 pm

More than anything I want to see this game system turned into an epic about the beginnings of the roman republic. Samnites, Ligures, the Etruscan, etc... please I will pay you

Level 9 Human Gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on January 5, 2011 at 6:39 am

I would love to see that in the next game/expansion. :)

Level 9 Human Human
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 6, 2011 at 10:01 am

I would love to see that in the next game/expansion. :)

Alternatively, if there were any modding tools released/unleashed..... :)

Level 8 Human
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on January 8, 2011 at 10:04 pm

More than anything I want to see this game system turned into an epic about the beginnings of the roman republic. Samnites, Ligures, the Etruscan, etc... please I will pay you

This is such a good idea I will proudly tell everyone I thought of it first. So where is the comment from the developers ???

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 9, 2011 at 3:04 pm

It's not original ... I prefer the next chapter ... Alexander The great and go to Asia ! ;-)

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on January 14, 2011 at 5:31 am

It's not original ... I prefer the next chapter ... Alexander The great and go to Asia ! ;-)

It may not be original, but it's something the game engine is well suited to. Not to mention probably more popular, ancient Greek history isn't quite as familiar to people as ancient Roman history.

Not that I'm complaining mind you. The new version they're making now will solve most of my issues, and I enjoy ancient Greek history quite well. Being named after Alexander the Great tends to have that effect on people after all :)

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 14, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I have been reading other posts and per one of the game's developers their next thematic objective is to do a game that follows the campaigns of Julius Caesar in his Gallic Wars. This ideas is thrilling to me, but seriously who hasn't conquered France??? It feels a bit over done, conquering and enslaving a country which is exclusively populated by surrender monkeys. Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war!!!

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on January 15, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I am no expert on Caesars conquest of New Vegas, I mean Rome! And I think that will be a great step in allowing experimentation to adjust to the large differences between ancient greece and Gaul, however currently my only concern is that there may be a lack of variance in unit types, I would imagine that the gallic tribes would all be somewhat similar and then you would just have the Romans, who post Marian Reforms would reduce variance also. However I have great faith in Longbow Games, and am sure they can pull this game off, I mean what Indie game company can even match a release like Hegemony?
P.S If Longbow staff are reading this please make sure in the upcoming game to have unique one off units like Hypatists, Companian Cavalry (Obviously ones more appropriate for the history) as they are something that I love in the Hegemony.

Level 9 Human Lord-General
Posted on January 16, 2011 at 2:22 am

Well Gaius Julius Caesar did use German Auxiliary cavalry as his bodyguard in Gaul. Cavalry not being one of Rome's strong points they often had the bulk of their cavalry provided by Allies and recruited Auxilia.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on January 16, 2011 at 8:32 am

The next chapter: ALEXANDER THE GREAT is the one to go for as a sequel (and suitable for expansions as well: the Far East, Alexander ventures into India and China, the West: Alexander attacks Carthage, etc. etc.)

And therafter, the conclusion of the trilogy, the SUCCESSOR WARS!

Much more interesting, in my view, than Rome's early history. Although I'd like Rome's late republican era, plus the imperial. Spans too many years, though, so Hegemony concept is not suitable, unfortunately.

What do you guys think?

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 16, 2011 at 11:37 am

To be honest I am enamored with Longbow Games and would like to see them make games that run up till the 19th century. I would love to see this francise flurish into something better than total war.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 30, 2011 at 4:04 pm

what would be good if a company made a game that went through all the different stages of the human race from cave men to the 21st centuary

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 30, 2011 at 7:36 pm

mean what Indie game company can even match a release like Hegemony?

Wolfire can.
http://www.youtube.com/user/WolfireGames?feature=chclk#p/c/A17B3FAA1DA374F3/4/zVWZbxGFGiA

Not to say that Hegemony isnt great at what it does.

Level 8 Human Test Dummy (MK III)
Posted on February 22, 2011 at 12:19 am

I have been reading other posts and per one of the game's developers their next thematic objective is to do a game that follows the campaigns of Julius Caesar in his Gallic Wars. This ideas is thrilling to me, but seriously who hasn't conquered France??? It feels a bit over done, conquering and enslaving a country which is exclusively populated by surrender monkeys. Cry Havoc and let slip the dogs of war!!!
surrender monkeys, what a great nickname for the french but the modern french are descended from the franks so the gauls are a different group. I would enjoy a hegemony style map of france though