Skip navigation

Bugs & Suggestions

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Arcade Games > Bugs & Suggestions
Level 13 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on July 26, 2005 at 1:13 pm

Please post the bugs and suggestions here.
I think I found another one in RBT. When you are online, and you are in the games tab, when you go to options to change the window to full or back, the preview image becomes all screwed up (the image still there, but in very different colors...) and it stays that way until you either exit of rbt completely, or switch rbt back to whatever mode before. (Suggestion: Have a button like F7 to switch it like rb, and also have F5 to do muting or unmuting like rb), also in rb, the same problem occurs with the screen, but first, you have to switch it from full to windowed, then full, and then alt+tab out. Then when you come back, nearly everything is black. The temporary remedy is to move the mouse around as that seems to refresh the places it went over. The solution to this is to restart rb completely. These are just humble observations of mine, and someone would take the honor of making a list of known bugs (before i do) that would be greatly appreciated. (does anyone know how to make a bulleted list in this forum? I can't figure out the list button... :?: )

Update: I just added a poll about the voice chat idea... the poll should end around Sunday, August 27, 2005 at around 6:00 PM PST.

Level 13 Human wizard
Alignment: Good
Posted on July 26, 2005 at 1:25 pm

I have a tested RB bug:

- Whenever you're in a game and you switch display type, The bricks and paddle go invisible (this bug only occurs if the background texture is black; and solves when the texture goes back to full-bright or half-bright; minizing by Windows Logo does the same bug while full screen)

For RB Tournament:

- Whenever you're in a game and you switch display type, the background goes black, and the animation becomes bugged (does not occur all the time; I prefer to switch display type at the end of a board because textures will be restored when the next board appears or if you quit/etc.; I also prefer to switch display type when you are in the main menu because the current sample board ends when you do so; minizing by Windows Logo does the same bug while full screen)

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 26, 2005 at 1:27 pm

I'm confused, what do you mean by windows logo?

Level 13 Human wizard
Posted on July 26, 2005 at 1:28 pm

The key between to CTRL and ALT (for Windows)
Hiting ALT + Tab does that same bug too since it leaves the game, only while full screen.

Oh, noticed another bug with RB Tournament:
- The Fishing Set has only 23 boards (those with RBTXPack do not have to worry as if the XPack fills that gap up; LDA, you need to keep your information up to date: RBTFull should say 148 instead of 150 boards while the XPack should say 152 boards instead of 150 boards)

My board-pack previewer treats RBTXPack as if it comes with 175 boards (including the Fishing which the gap is filled with; I also store a notice to make that gap filling more detailed, as in Main Section).

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 30, 2005 at 1:22 pm

That's bug too... I think... I was wondering, what you are saying about the Board Pack Previewer, I have no idea what that is for, anything u would like to fill us in on?

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 30, 2005 at 8:40 pm

I just got an idea, for RB, RBT, and TM, would there be any chance that you would install a voice chat thing to the game, or have a patch available so that you can chat with other people w/ a microphone when you are playing? It's just an idea... :mrgreen:

Level 14 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on July 30, 2005 at 8:53 pm

That's a Great Idea! :D

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 30, 2005 at 9:00 pm

voice chat sounds like a great idea :lol:
but there needs to be some kind of control on it.
like one on one chat only. this way no one can interfear with the chat.
good call j. that would be a big step up for the game.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 30, 2005 at 9:04 pm

I got this idea from Yahoo... lol. There should be the mute feature as well... linked with the chat feature. And the people in chat rooms, only people in that chat room can hear you... it's a great idea, but must have some restraints... otherwise... there may be a new type of abuse on the games... still... go for it! :mrgreen:

Level 13 Human wizard
Posted on July 30, 2005 at 9:37 pm

:lol: Good idea.

That Previewer I mentioned is going to be one of my achievement goals.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on July 31, 2005 at 3:01 am

i also think that we could have something like a private chat or maybe something like a knocking sound and ask for permission from the chat room host. That i think is the best thing 2 do. :idea:
this would avoid problems with the whole mic thing.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 3, 2005 at 8:18 pm

Current RB Tournament bug list:

* Changes made to advanced options (powerups), will only be affected when done off-line
* Avatars can't be managed online (import, delete)
* Red player lacks graphical image for the goal lantern (the grey bulb)
* Colour of announcement boarders won't swap when player changes colour

And more there is...

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on August 4, 2005 at 12:45 pm

Well, voice chat is an unlikely feature to retrofit onto RB, RBT, or TM, but it is something we can consider when we get around to adding multi-player to Hegemony, and it wouldn't be a big challenge to add it to the game.

We've been talking a lot about how multi-player will work for Hegemony, but we haven't decided on anything yet. For now we're focusing on the single player game.

Level 13 Human gamer
Posted on August 4, 2005 at 1:25 pm

O well... we can always hope... :mrgreen: