Skip navigation

Gesture of Good Will Idea: Open Beta once more to people who bought the game today!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Gesture of Good Will Idea: Open Beta once more to people who bought the game today!
Pages 1 2
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on January 8, 2011 at 4:25 pm

We're going to set it up, but it will take Rick a little time to get out site and store ready.

Jim

I hope the indie crowd works the weekend filing TPS reports and pedaling Ancient Greek crack...err i mean history.

As to the the above poster. If you paid the full 20$ you kind of got screwed, and the marketing was a bit disingenuous. If you paid 5$ tho, then another 10 is nothing for the excellent game you will be getting.

Even at 30$, I really enjoyed this game in its beta stage and tentatively believe with the gold improvements this is easily one of the few games worth the retail price asked.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on January 9, 2011 at 7:35 pm

We're going to set it up, but it will take Rick a little time to get out site and store ready.

Jim

I hope the indie crowd works the weekend filing TPS reports and pedaling Ancient Greek crack...err i mean history.

As to the the above poster. If you paid the full 20$ you kind of got screwed, and the marketing was a bit disingenuous. If you paid 5$ tho, then another 10 is nothing for the excellent game you will be getting.

Even at 30$, I really enjoyed this game in its beta stage and tentatively believe with the gold improvements this is easily one of the few games worth the retail price asked.

Gold is going to be $30 when it comes out. Buying H:PoM at $20 and then $10 for Gold is "not being screwed." I paid $30 for H:PoM I thought it was that good, before they started working on Gold so.... the various levels of purchase value differ for different people.

As to the above poster (Taxi), if you bought the regular game, then you can buy Gold for $10 as an expansion and not have to buy the full game again (for whatever Gold costs when it comes out, probably $30). At least that's what I understood.

If you signed up for the Gold beta back in November/December, but never really played it, I believe you still qualify for the free Gold upgrade. I have a friend who did the key before the deadline but never played it, but he should still qualify for the free Gold upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 12, 2011 at 1:25 pm

Jim

So, uh, any ballpark estimate as to when that will be? *shivers uncontrollably with anticipation*

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 12, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Jim

So, uh, any ballpark estimate as to when that will be? *shivers uncontrollably with anticipation*

so im not the only one obsessively checking the site.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 12, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Oh indeed. I've been rechecking this forum at an alarming and unhealthy rate.

Level 8 Human
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on January 13, 2011 at 7:29 am

You have been leaving the website ???? What if they post while you are not here ??? Tough guys, huh !!

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on January 13, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Oh dear god i am so addicted to this game. But not getting to play full version of gold is giving me nightmares. i would pay 10 bucks right now to access it :|
me wanty

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 13, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Here's hoping they start selling tomorrow so we(U.S. types) can play over the long weekend!

Level 8 Human It Technician
Alignment: Evil
Posted on January 14, 2011 at 4:05 am

Hi Longbowgames or Mod or admin,

I have a simple question:
1. I bought the game and thought it will be someday be a finished one.
But now you start a Gold version with the updates that we all been inspiring you to put into the game and now it seems I have to buy the Gold Version again ???????????

I realy hope this is an missunderstanding and you make the serial work on the Gold Edition as well, or at least update Hegemonie with patches for a better gameplay as we all thought you would. Instead of creating an "new Version of the same game" = Gold Version.

I am realy looking forward to your replay
and will post in the german community.

kind reagrds

I can somewhat understand where you're coming from with this, but I must say that looking at the pricetag on the game(s), you really can't complain.

You got a fantastic game for a low price, when you bought the first one, and if you look at this thread, you'll get the Gold version for a very low prise as well. Were you to buy a similar game from a major company, you'd have to pay a much higher price, and the game would, most likely, be half-finished, compared to Hegemony.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 14, 2011 at 4:19 pm

./Sigh

Guess there wont be any weekend Gold binge!

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on January 15, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Guess not :(
i am going crazy lol

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 18, 2011 at 1:53 pm

: (

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 24, 2011 at 4:18 pm

So, any new news on when/if the beta will be available? I'd like to know if I can postpone my obsessive half hourly check on this site to February.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 25, 2011 at 5:24 am

I have Hegemony bought in steam,and a great thing the developers can do is make available a pre order for Hegemony gold. When you buy the pre order you have access to the beta. I think that is a good idea, because the developers let us play the beta until the gold version is ready, and for other side they ensures than the people buy the game. For other side, making a pre order is a way to make expectation and publicity for a game. And of course the same can be done for the other digital platforms..

Regards

Level 21 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on January 25, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Rick programmed our store and site and still has a bit of work to do on it to get it ready to sell Gold. I think he's finished his other tasks, making it next on his list of things to do. Sorry, but I'm just not sure exactly what day it will be ready...

Jim

Pages 1 2