Skip navigation

Gesture of Good Will Idea: Open Beta once more to people who bought the game today!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Gesture of Good Will Idea: Open Beta once more to people who bought the game today!
Pages 1 2
Level 8 Human Wannabe Beta Tester
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on December 30, 2010 at 5:49 pm

I just bought this game because of the sale price and I was thinking how awesome it would be if you guys opened up the beta one more time for your new customers. I read about all this beta gold stuff after I bought the game and now my life feels incomplete because all I see are posts about how impossibly hard the game gets at later stages and I think that if you opened up beta once more, your new customers won't feel intimidated and feel like they wasted 3 bucks because of this apparent bone-crushing difficulty that happens at end game.

So what do you say? It's Christmas! It's New Years :) Open up beta once more! Please :D

(Or at least do it for me, hehe)

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 30, 2010 at 8:49 pm

Well, I missed the Steam sale by one day (bought my copy from Steam yesterday for $10), but being able to play it all last night was definetly worth the extra $7. I only discovered this game yesterday as well. If I'd known about it and bought it at full price months ago I would have absolutely NO regrets. This game is fantastic.

I also downloaded your Gold Demo late last night hoping I could at least try out the SandBox. I see that option is locked, so no go. Put me down as another fan hoping you'll give us late-comers a chance to try it out for a New Years goodwill gesture.

If not, no worries, I will still be the first in line to purchase Gold as soon as its' available. Your game provides unique enjoyments that I've yet to find in any other game of it's type I own. I commend you five Longbow People for a superb creation.

Happy New Year!

Level 21 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on December 30, 2010 at 9:01 pm

I'm glad you like it!

We think a $10 upgrade to Gold will be a fair deal for customers who own POM. As a small indie we do have to tread that fine line of staying alive financially while we grow a customer base. Thanks for your support!

Jim

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on December 31, 2010 at 5:46 am

LDAjim,
I understand perfectly where you're coming from. If my money keeps you guys further developing this game and hopefully others and making a decent living for yourselves count me in. Do you have any wild guess to when Gold will be ready for sale?

Level 8 Human Gamer
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on December 31, 2010 at 8:41 am

Hi all:

First Happy New Year to one and all. I tried the demo, liked it immensely so bought the full POM via steam yesterday. This game has huge potential (not that it isn't pretty darn good as well as fun already). My congrats to the small team of developers. Am only learning to play but getting some pretty good game play along the way. I believe also that for those who bought POM that the $10 or so asking fee for the Gold Edition is a fair price to pay to ensure longevity of this fine platform - it after all can only get better with age so long as the developers and paying customers support it.

I look forward to seeing where this one goes. I have also supported similar indie developments like Mount & Blade which is fun in it's own way also. With developers who understand and listen to their customer base and pricing well within the reach of most, this game and what follows may well be the hidden gem of the years to come. Good luck with future development and you have my ongoing support. Well done.

BKF

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on December 31, 2010 at 10:04 am

The game is the best in many years, super, I´ve bought it from Spain, 15 e., and thanks for the discount for gold version, i´ll buy it in the next 2 seconds released.

Sorry for the english, happy new year.

Posted on December 31, 2010 at 10:55 am

We're currently on schedule to to have Gold ready for release in the first week of February.

Jim

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on December 31, 2010 at 2:42 pm

Hi,
I`ve purchased Hegemony: PoM yesterday during the Steam offer and must say that it is a great game. Judging as a Total War veteran it is fun even though playing in realtime is quite a bit more stressful. ;)
I do think 10$ is a fair deal for the upgrade as the developers deserve to be supported for their efforts and the great support here in the forums. Giving a free upgrade to all people would also be unfair towards those who purchased H: PoM when it costed still 20$ in November.

As a suggestion to the developers - why don´t you already offer for your existing customers the option to buy the upgrade to Hegemony Gold for 10$ in your onlineshop? We could try out the beta now and simply use our purchased key to unlock the final version of Hegemony Gold when it is released in February. I think this would be a fair deal for everyone.

Greetings
celer

Level 8 Human Sage
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 31, 2010 at 6:06 pm

As a suggestion to the developers - why don´t you already offer for your existing customers the option to buy the upgrade to Hegemony Gold for 10$ in your onlineshop? We could try out the beta now and simply use our purchased key to unlock the final version of Hegemony Gold when it is released in February. I think this would be a fair deal for everyone.

thats a great idea. i was going to suggest removing the CD key for the Beta so we could get more Beta testers and therefore more feedback. but to be able to prepurchase the Gold serial and use it in the beta is better all round. give that man a cigar!

Level 8 Human Pimpin
Posted on December 31, 2010 at 8:49 pm

yea that does sound good, if i had a option to go ahead and buy gold i would. be a win win, id get to go ahead and try gold and be able to support you guys

Posted on December 31, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Good Idea! We'll definitely look into it.

Jim

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 1, 2011 at 7:15 am

Put me down as another client that will pay the $10 now to access GOLD.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 1, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Please let me have gold version. Playing the gold version Demo, I can see what I am missing in my steam normal version. I want to play, but cant when I know how it should have been. I am going crazy waiting.

I realy like the game, and the new options in gold edition :

To have some diplomacy
Free doom to recruit many unit, but limited reinforcement (Not the zerg spam like in the non gold version)

Still could be improved :
Huge gold surplus should mean something, ability to re invest/ lower tax to increase economic growth and attract more settlers to city.
Different occupation options, always auto annex, but city option in non cultural city to install puppet ruler/make part of X client state (This would also make game easier to handle when your empires start to get to big, to comfortably enjoy managing it, and all its borders. Make puppet north and east, and focus 100 % attention towards driving south for instance as Macedonia.
Differentiated cons and plus between kingdoms and republics (Easier to go to war as king, better production/trade as republic?)
Game play enjoyment as peace full mercantile city state, traders, trade agreements, trade goods, trade routs, prestige for religious, or philosophical influence in building and in INVESTMENT.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 3, 2011 at 7:36 pm

Greetings
celer

Registering and Posting to show further support for this proposition. I've burned 40hrs on the beta H:PoM, even w/ just the demo view of Gold I can tell my strategy will have to change and meatgrindering units to hold borders while im off campaigning will be much more challenging. Looking forward to Gold.

Level 8 Human Student - CIS
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on January 6, 2011 at 8:03 pm

I fully support the $10 upgrade to get in the beta now and get our upgrade when it comes out. I have very much enjoyed this game and have yet to play gold, and can't wait till you give us January people access to it! Hopefully before Feb comes around!

Level 8 Human
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on January 6, 2011 at 9:59 pm

You people are already in enough trouble keeping me up all hours of the night playing PoM. I will cancel legal action however if you follow this very sensible idea and allow us to buy the beta NOW ! I have a taste for blood and want more. The beta looks at solving some of the very annoying parts of the game. I was already very impressed with the game, and the beta has me wanting to play it even more. I cant wait till you release it. I have never been so frustrated since they made me wait a day for a cool down period before I could buy a gun and shoot someone.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 7, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Yup. I'm yet another person who's going to have an agonizing time waiting until February. One playthrough of the Gold demo stopped my PoM game in its tracks as I realized the superiority of Gold, and I would gladly fork over the moneys now for access to the beta.

Posted on January 7, 2011 at 6:27 pm

We're going to set it up, but it will take Rick a little time to get out site and store ready.

Jim

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 7, 2011 at 7:39 pm

Huzzah!

Level 8 Human pro
Posted on January 8, 2011 at 9:59 am

Hi Longbowgames or Mod or admin,

I have a simple question:
1. I bought the game and thought it will be someday be a finished one.
But now you start a Gold version with the updates that we all been inspiring you to put into the game and now it seems I have to buy the Gold Version again ???????????

I realy hope this is an missunderstanding and you make the serial work on the Gold Edition as well, or at least update Hegemonie with patches for a better gameplay as we all thought you would. Instead of creating an "new Version of the same game" = Gold Version.

I am realy looking forward to your replay
and will post in the german community.

kind reagrds

Pages 1 2