Skip navigation

Hegemony: Black/empty map

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > Hegemony: Black/empty map
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 6:16 pm

Hello,

I bought Hegemony: Philop of Macedon yesterday and figured I'd try it out today. When I start a new game I get the intro and all is fine. Then, when it shifts to the game, all I get is my unit of Companion Cavalry and the rest is black. The tutorial runs just fine, telling me to move the camera around, but when it gets to selecting the city it tells me to, there is nothing there. Just a great black void with some horsemen in the middle. Oh, I might add, there's some fire raging to the Northeast of my horsemen as well. That's all that's visible.

Any fixes for this? Did I do something wrong?

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on December 30, 2010 at 4:47 am

Hi,

I've only talked to one other person who experienced this. Apparently he was able to work around it by alt-tabbing away and back again. If I get more details, I'll let you know.

If you haven't already, I would update your graphics drivers. We have instructions on how to do that on our Tread Marks FAQ.

Level 8 Human Sage
Posted on December 30, 2010 at 7:31 am

i got this once well into a campaign. i'm 99% sure that i caused it by alt-tabbing while it was starting up on that occasion.
when i zoomed right in i could see trade carts on supply lines but other than that it was entirely black. i simply exited the game and restarted and never had any problems again.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful evil
Posted on December 30, 2010 at 11:02 pm

BTW, That fire is just part of the tutorial.

Level 7 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on November 9, 2012 at 4:57 am

Anyone figure out the cause of this? im having the same issue, and while alt-tabbing helps, it doesn't make fog of war go away, so I have to alt-tab everytime my troops enter fog of war, which makes the game unplayable.