Skip navigation

GB-12 bugs

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > GB-12 bugs
Level 8 Human Perruptor
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on December 14, 2010 at 1:53 am

When I took Edomene in the 'Philip' campaign some javeliners came out, and when they routed they headed north. Two of the ten went across the "out of bounds" line, but I can't capture any of them because it interprets that as the whole group being out of bounds.

They got up and ran away when my army left, so they won't be stuck on the map. Don't know if this was the intended behavior.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on December 14, 2010 at 2:11 am

Autosave still doesn't always announce itself; the game just hangs for a couple of seconds, and then it says the autosave is complete.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on December 14, 2010 at 2:18 am

When capturing Eordaea I had three phalanges in a line a bit to the east, and ordered them to take the city. They all stacked together in the same place rather than trying to spread around the city as usual.

I'll try to send a savegame.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on December 14, 2010 at 4:07 am

When you disband workers in a city that is 0/20 you get a spurious "not enough room" message.

Level 8 Human Sage
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 14, 2010 at 11:03 am

i'm playing Gold for the first time starting at the beginning of the Philip campaign so maybe i'm catching early stuff that ppl continuing from a saved game arent (I was playing thru PoM for the first time but figure i need to "do my bit" and earn my free Gold serial by playtesting GB12... not that its a chore, its a pleasure).

Theres a problem with the "Old Siege Equipment" unit that u find northwest of Elimea. It got damaged and didnt seem to be repairing when i got it back into a city. I checked the assets list and it had no home city. I tried to assign it to a city (Elimea iirc) and the game crashed. i reloaded the last autosave but unfortunately it was before it got damaged so i cant double check whether it was actually repairing, just very slowly, or whether it wasnt repairing at all (intentionaly allowing it to get damaged and rescuing it before its destroyed would be tricky). Even so i tried again to assign it to a city and it crashed again. Will mail a memory dump and saved game to Rob.

Also in the cut scenes with voice-over, theres some zooming out of the map which gets very choppy and even froze for several seconds in the middle of a sentence in the cut-scene after defeating Bardylis. I dont recall that happening in PoM but couldnt swear by it.

Level 9 Human CEO
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on December 14, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Beta 12 Bug Notes (will append and edit):

1. Cavalry still getting locked in combat, particularly any cavalry unit with a general.

Enhancement Requests:

1. Add city value back into city tool tip or stat panel. Now only available in Asset list.
2. Please calculate garrison cost vs. city income and display net income.
3. Please display city cost with walls and without (at bare minimum note any change), I recall this once having a significant impact on income and I'm not seeing a difference now.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on December 14, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Several times when I ordered a formation of phlangites+peltasts to attack an enemy phalanx, the peltasts have rushed out ahead of the phalangites and gotten into melee combat with the heavy infantry, rather than hanging behind and throwing missiles over the phalangites' heads.

Level 9 Human CEO
Posted on December 14, 2010 at 11:19 pm

Several times when I ordered a formation of phlangites+peltasts to attack an enemy phalanx, the peltasts have rushed out ahead of the phalangites and gotten into melee combat with the heavy infantry, rather than hanging behind and throwing missiles over the phalangites' heads.

I have noticed this as well with B11 and B12. It is a constant issue and an unexpected change.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on December 15, 2010 at 12:29 am

When you select several slaves with food and order the group to drop it off at a city, they move to the city but don't drop the food. You have to order them to do it one at a time.

I think my mouse is starting to go wonky again.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on December 15, 2010 at 1:06 am

When you order someone to chase down a defeated enemy and put them in 'run' mode so they can actually catch them, they often drop out of 'run' mode for no apparent reason.

In general, the who defeated-enemy thing could be made to require fewer clicks. If you order someone to attack a defeated enemy, 'run' should go without saying, since you'll never catch them otherwise. Also, the could go into automatic 'capture' mode when the enemy gives up and quits running. (Maybe you prefer executing, but it's kind of irreversible.)

It would probably be more historical to have units automatically pursue any enemy that routs while your unit was engaged with it, until you give orders to do otherwise. (And impetuous troops would tend to be un-orderable in that circumstance.)

Finally, it would be nice to be able to order captured enemies to "pick up your food and then go here" rather than watching for when they have finished picking up the food.

I know I've gotten off from bug-reporting to suggestion-making, but the whole "defeated unit" think could be made far simpler for the player.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on December 15, 2010 at 1:27 am

When zoomed in, units sometimes retain the campfire icon even when moving.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on December 15, 2010 at 12:59 pm

This is because phalangites have no ranged attack, when you have just peltasts selected: you can hold R-Click and select melee attack, or ranged attack, when you have 2 units (1 melee, 1 ranged/mixed) this is not possible, as the order must be applicable by BOTH units. I'm sure they'll get round it one day but until then, try pausing and giving seperate orders?