Skip navigation

Last chance for the free beta! New beta for Gold and Philip!

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > News > Last chance for the free beta! New beta for Gold and Philip!
Pages 1 2
Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 12:00 pm

I am no longer resistant to the new top-down resource icons. I quickly became used to them and I think they are largely responsible for my improved management of food.

I'm glad to hear it, that was my thought. However, the next version will make them optional for those who prefer a less cluttered map. I've also replaced the models used with significantly more efficient versions so hopefully performance won't be an issue for those who wish to use them.

I really miss the aggressiveness of AI as seen a couple of betas before. The Balkan tribes don’t attack me anymore. You may as well delete the task of defeating 10 tribal cavalry.

Nothing about the AI has really changed since beta 10 but at the time I did post that I was looking for feedback on difficulty because it needed to be re-balanced due some internal changes. Theoretically, the AI can be significantly more difficult now because it's better at identifying potential targets so thanks for the feedback and although updates might be a litter erratic over the holidays stay tuned for changes.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on December 21, 2010 at 11:48 pm

I may be wrong, but there was one time in a previous beta that I managed to 'touch' a ship at the exact moment that an enemy unit had disembarked from it. That may have been pure luck, though :p

When the enemy ships disembark troops you can attack them with land units and sink them. At least until you defeat the disembarked troops and the ships pull away.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on December 22, 2010 at 3:29 am

I really miss the aggressiveness of AI as seen a couple of betas before. The Balkan tribes don’t attack me anymore. You may as well delete the task of defeating 10 tribal cavalry.

Nothing about the AI has really changed since beta 10 but at the time I did post that I was looking for feedback on difficulty because it needed to be re-balanced due some internal changes. Theoretically, the AI can be significantly more difficult now because it's better at identifying potential targets so thanks for the feedback and although updates might be a litter erratic over the holidays stay tuned for changes.

I think the best AI (the most aggresive) was a couple of builds before 10 (I cant remember which version it was). I think at the moment it needs to be more difficult. Coastal raids are all fine and annoying but massive land expeditions is what's missing.

Pages 1 2