Skip navigation

Steam version "Hours Played" not tracking

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Steam version "Hours Played" not tracking
Level 8 Human Sage
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 13, 2010 at 4:13 pm

i was going to post on steam forums for a reply to this, its a steam issue not a Hegemony issue, but i figured i might try here first just on the offchance that someone knows a fix.

I had some issues with Hegemony crashing and ever since the "Hours Played" has been stuck on 2 hours and never changed. Its no big deal but its kinda irritating. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thankyou.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on December 13, 2010 at 9:04 pm

Hmm, I haven't heard of this before. Steam still records my hours played perfectly fine.

The fact that it started after you began seeing some instabilities makes me wonder if something got screwed up in your installation. Have you tried uninstalling (right-click on Hegemony and choose "remove local content") and reinstalling? (In case you're worried about your saved games, don't worry. We never delete your saved games.)

Level 8 Human Sage
Posted on December 13, 2010 at 9:57 pm

yeah i tried that but no differance. even when a game is uninstalled its still listed by steam with the "hours played" intact, only differance is u get a "install" button instead of a "play" button, but i tried it anyway.
ive been with Steam from its first implementation and ive never had this problem before although from a search i saw other ppl have had it with a variety of games (no solutions tho).
as i originaly suspected i will have to pursue it with Steam but thnx for taking the trouble to reply :)

Level 8 Human Sage
Posted on December 14, 2010 at 5:32 pm

for anyone thats interested, i fixed this.

i un-installed Steam, unfortunately that means i have to re-install something like 90 Gigs of games but... it fixed this problem and half the games i rarely play anyway. i can just install-on-demand as and when i want to play each one. Hegemony was first on the list, of course!

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Posted on December 14, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Eesh, reinstalling all your games can't be very pleasant.

Anyway, glad to hear you got it sorted out, and thanks for the update!

Level 8 Human
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on January 6, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I also had it register incorrect time played. It showed 6 MINUTES when in fact I had played over 70 hours. I did a game cache check and steam sponsored defrag which resulted in steam replacing damaged files. It now seems to be working.