Skip navigation

Support for other keyboard layouts

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Support for other keyboard layouts
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 9, 2010 at 11:14 am

I've just found and purchased this great game.

Though I have no issue running it in English, my keyboard has a French layount (AZERTY instead of QWERTY) and so panning and all that stuff is a bit of a pain.

It would be great to have a standard "remap your keys" in the options.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

JP
PS: I looked for a way to search the forums so I wouldn't post about something that's been said, but couldn't find it.

Level 21 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on December 9, 2010 at 9:06 pm

From the ingame menu open "Options". From there open "Gameplay" and from there, "Controls" to change the keyboard mapping.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on December 19, 2010 at 6:13 pm

From the ingame menu open "Options". From there open "Gameplay" and from there, "Controls" to change the keyboard mapping.
Well, in the "controls" sub-menu you describe, you can't change the mapping ...
I have an AZERTY keyboard too, and it would be great to use the zsqd mapping (not wsdq).
:(

Level 8 Human Cyborg
Alignment: Good
Posted on December 19, 2010 at 7:27 pm

I have an AZERTY keyboard too, and it would be great to use the zsqd mapping (not wsdq).

You can manually edit the Controls.xml file (use Notepad or similar) to change all the key mappings.

Search for VK_W change to VK_Z etc

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on December 20, 2010 at 5:51 pm

You can manually edit the Controls.xml file (use Notepad or similar) to change all the key mappings.

Search for VK_W change to VK_Z etc

Oh, thanks for the tip. It's ok, now ;)