Skip navigation

Four Front War! And way points

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Four Front War! And way points
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 7, 2010 at 7:34 pm

I've seen a couple people who rush to the Adriatic and conquer Illyria, since they're a relative pushover especially early on and by reaching the Adriatic and the Danube only south and east are left.

Well I wanted to be historic and expanded in all directions. And the east is really no pushover >w<

And now I'm fighting on four fronts! I don't really want to declare truce because its expensive...maybe I should

It's so hard to fight two giant battles and two skirmishes at the same time :< I have enough troops I just don't have enough hands and eyes and brains to command them all >.<

Oh and I ask that the waypoints be allowed to be made for commands, and not just moving. It would be a lot simplier if I could say "first attack that, then that, then that, then that, then capture that, the come back"
My companion was defeated because they just stood there getting pelted by javelins while I was trying to fight a battle half way across the map :<

I suck

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic
Posted on December 7, 2010 at 9:11 pm

I hear ya about the multiple fronts. I can't count the times I have had to load an autosave because I forgot about an army that I commanded to move somewhere and then forgot to check on only to come back and see that some peltasts totally decimated them.

Some form of auto attack needs to be put in so units fight back against archers shooting at them. Maybe a stance to attack all enemies in sight. Kind of like many strategy games have an attack and a move command when ordering units to a location. where "move" orders them to go somewhere and ignore everything they see, and "attack" orders them to go somewhere but kill any enemies they see on the way.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on December 8, 2010 at 12:07 am

OMG SAME HERE

It would be so nice if we had an "attack on sight" thing

Level 21 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on December 8, 2010 at 4:47 am

Having some sort of AI responsiveness for the player's units is high on Rob's list of things to do before release of "Gold".

Waypoint commands may not get into this game, but will definitely be in the next game in the series.

Jim

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on December 8, 2010 at 5:53 pm

Having some sort of AI responsiveness for the player's units is high on Rob's list of things to do before release of "Gold".

Bear in mind, for the quality of this game (which is high to awesome), we're not asking for what the other strategy games offer, per se. An "I'm being attacked, I'm NOT garrisoned in a town, I should probably go attack them, even if I _have_ to break camp and fight in reduced capacity." is all I'd really want.

Having the rest (Move, Attack-Move differences) is not something that is 'required' for this game. But responding to a peltast/archer group coming up and just throwing spears/shooting arrows at you, and not doing anything? Could we make money on the betting pool the commanders have for who gets killed next while they watch the "sport"? :)

-thefinkster