Skip navigation

GB-11, Post bugs here

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > GB-11, Post bugs here
Pages 1 2
Level 8 Human True Nerd
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 4, 2010 at 3:56 pm

I thought we could post here all eventual bugs we find so the devs don't have to search the whole forum for them. I'm quite satisfied with this version, i like the fix HP for towns/forts a lot, and the damage reduction if a garrison is in there. But i wonder if that applies to mobile catapults as well. It seems to me that they still do 30 damage per shot, even on fully guarded towns. And that is quite much considering that i have 12 catapults in my army. That's the only "oddity" i found out til now. Triremes now seem to beach troops only if there is none of my troops awating them, which makes sense. I'm back to "testing" ;) Cheerio

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on December 4, 2010 at 7:51 pm

Here's some flaky intermittent stuff, for which I haven't been able to pin down what causes it to happen:

o Campfires don't always show for units on the zoomed-out display.

o I think on one occasion it showed a campfire for a unit that was moving, probably something I gave orders to without taking it out of camp-mode first.

o Sometimes a unit in its home city does not show the icon. If you move it out and back in it picks the icon up.

o Once I saw a walled city that said size zero garrison, even though there was actually a unit in it. I moved it out and back in, and it showed the size correctly.

o After some fighting around Stobi there are some superfluous figures still showing on the zoomed-in map. They're not really there - you can't select them, they don't move, etc. It's just one or two figures per unit - maybe when a unit is killed off the last kills aren't being deleted?

Behavior and mechanics:

As I mentioned in another thread, in the Sandbox the Macedonians only get one general, whereas smaller factions such as Thessaly get many. Is this intentional?

The AI seems less aggressive (which may not be a bad thing). I've played about a year of Macedonia in the Sandbox, and the Athenians haven't ventured out of Methone/Pydna, and they've only tried to jump Therme once. (They've got 13 Peltast plus a few Hoplite and Spearman units at Krousis, and could easily overwhelm my small screen in front of Therme if they tried.)

In that same vein, I don't think I got any Illyrian raiders during the first year.

As for the Peltasts, the AI seems to build them five or six to one for the heavy infantry. (My personal opinion is that they're too effective against the heavies.)

At Stobi and Stropsko the armies came out for a field match when I showed up, which looked about what I would expect historically (except the cities don't support others in their faction very much). After beating them in the field the near-empty Stobi was still hard to take because I didn't have artillery, but with 4 catapults, 2 phalanxes, and misc. supporting units the other three Paeonian cities fell pretty quickly.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on December 4, 2010 at 8:17 pm

When you disband sheep in a city you get the warning you get when you disband troops of a mismatched faction. The food works OK; you just get the spurious message.

Level 8 Human True Nerd
Posted on December 4, 2010 at 10:00 pm

I experienced the same "bug" with few dead units just stay around (actually they do the walking animation) instead of being corpses. They do disappear after a while though. Still it was rather annoying trying to capture them, until i figured out they don't actually exist :D
I'm experiencing a few times a CTD due to an error message that sounds like "formation doesn't have enough space for battallion 41/40 (or 51/50, i had both).

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 5, 2010 at 12:21 am

Multitude of crashes, usually associated with clicking on a trade route or mouse clicks when zoomed out to the cloth map/gameboard.

When Orestes was knocked out, he came back and is said 'Orestes has finished recruiting' rather than 'Orestes has recovered'

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on December 5, 2010 at 1:04 am

I just got a crash; something about "memory location could not be read". I'll mail the dump to Rob.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on December 5, 2010 at 1:26 am

When you disband sheep in a city you get the warning you get when you disband troops of a mismatched faction. The food works OK; you just get the spurious message.
In a home city you just get the "not enough space" message.

But sometimes you don't get a message at all - haven't noticed the circumstances yet.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on December 5, 2010 at 3:13 am

Sometimes it tells you an autosave is in progress, sometimes it doesn't.

BTW, on the sheep messages I've been using 'disband' rather than 'drop food'. I think I didn't get the message when I used the 'drop food' button.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on December 5, 2010 at 3:33 am

The campfire icon definitely stays on some moving units when zoomed in, even if you took them out of camp-mode before issuing the move order.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on December 5, 2010 at 6:39 am

In the Sandbox, the diplomacy display is letting me make an alliance with the Paeonians after I've conquered all their cities. Is that correct?

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on December 5, 2010 at 11:23 am

A sunken merchant ship left a "food pile" on the route between Borboros and Therme, with consequent blocking of the route. If you delete and rebuild it, it builds OK, but then says "blocked" again when it reaches 100%.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on December 5, 2010 at 12:53 pm

I just got a crash; something about "memory location could not be read". I'll mail the dump to Rob.
Sorry, it's too big to mail. I shouldn't have asked for the memory map.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on December 5, 2010 at 12:54 pm

Spartans in gold can no longer recruit spearmen as of 11 but the city of Kynouria and Sparta itself randomly spawn with spearmen garrisoning it making these the most valuable spearmen in the game as garrisons.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Posted on December 6, 2010 at 6:20 pm

But i wonder if that applies to mobile catapults as well. It seems to me that they still do 30 damage per shot, even on fully guarded towns.

Yep, as i mentioned in the news post I missed this one. I've fixed it now and will include it in the next update. I have actually lowered the damage from 30 now but since they can now kill the garrison the effect should be pretty similar.

After some fighting around Stobi there are some superfluous figures still showing on the zoomed-in map.

I believe that's an effect of killing of the garrison inside the town. I'm working on fixing that but for the moment I think it's only a visual glitch and shouldn't affect gameplay.

The AI seems less aggressive (which may not be a bad thing). I've played about a year of Macedonia in the Sandbox, and the Athenians haven't ventured out of Methone/Pydna, and they've only tried to jump Therme once.

There's still a lot of work to do but they will probably feel a little less aggressive. Since 10 I altered the AI to avoid the more reckless attacks it used to do and gave cities with garrisons a more passive deterrence effect against raids. The goal in general was to offer fewer distracting attacks while still letting the AI go after your weak points - if you don't have any weak points then things should be very quiet :).

Opps. We were debating whether to use the disband or unload button to handle converting sheep to food. We were leaning towards using the unload food as it's slightly more descriptive but we never disabled the disband button.

I'm experiencing a few times a CTD due to an error message that sounds like "formation doesn't have enough space for battallion 41/40 (or 51/50, i had both).

Thanks for the report. Given what we've changed it is likely due to killing off garrison units so we'll keep an eye out for that. If you find a way to repeat it please let me know.

Multitude of crashes, usually associated with clicking on a trade route or mouse clicks when zoomed out to the cloth map/gameboard.

Sorry about that. We haven't seen this before so if you can send me one of the dump files it would be much appreciated. As usual everything can go to rob@longbowgames.com

In the Sandbox, the diplomacy display is letting me make an alliance with the Paeonians after I've conquered all their cities. Is that correct?

Not really, I'll look into that.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on December 6, 2010 at 9:54 pm

Not really, I'll look into that.

My bad. I thought the Paeonians only had the four cities you meet early in Phillip, but I just started them up in the sandbox and see that they also hold Agrianes. They might well find me intimidating after losing the other four.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on December 6, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Hey Rob -

Sent them in over the weekend. I've gotten a few CTD's, but mainly they now say something like 'No RTTI found' or something similar.

Love the game BTW. Needs a couple little things cleaned up, but it is really refreshing.

Level 8 Human Human
Posted on December 6, 2010 at 10:25 pm

With this version, the only problem I am getting is when the Athenians attack (around Aegea in Philip Campaign - doing the Philip Campaign from scratch again) the game starts to lag/freeze. All other times it's generally OK, plus I have never had lag with any other versions.

One more thing I just noticed a few minutes ago was that the music had gone a bit strange, sounding like three different theme tunes playing simultaneously.

Level 8 Human being
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on December 7, 2010 at 4:53 pm

I've noticed that Athenian fleets from Corcyra never actually attack my Adriatic coast. The ships land at Scodra, they just kind of muddle around, then leave. They'll do this once or twice a year, pretty reliably, and as a consequence I've never actually had to really garrison anything on the that coast because of it.

Level 8 Human Flammable Heretic
Posted on December 9, 2010 at 5:53 am

I'm getting ghosted Illyrian units next to one of my towns. Someone else has mentioned this before.

However, these are staying there and not being "wiped". One of them is the Illyrian Peltast that actually came near it's ordered move location ghost. I have the quicksave zipped..where do I mail it, if needed?

Level 8 Human Human
Posted on December 9, 2010 at 10:37 pm

I'm getting ghosted Illyrian units next to one of my towns. Someone else has mentioned this before.

However, these are staying there and not being "wiped". One of them is the Illyrian Peltast that actually came near it's ordered move location ghost. I have the quicksave zipped..where do I mail it, if needed?

Everything is to be mailed directly to Rob at rob@longbowgames.com

Maybe we need a sticky for this, or something in the side panel of this forum, because I see this question coming up regularly.

Pages 1 2