Skip navigation

Minor Issue with Hegemony: Gold Beta

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Minor Issue with Hegemony: Gold Beta
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 3, 2010 at 12:49 pm

Well, after playing the Steam beta of Hegemony for something like 2 or 3 hours, I finally bit. So far I'm a bit overwhelmed, but I'm digging it. Its nice to have a genuinely historically themed RTS amongst all the C&C clones.

On installing the Gold Beta, I did notice a small issue. It seems that the speed at which my mouse moves the map is greatly accelerated in Gold vs. regular Philip. I didn't see any options to tweak this, which would be preferable. One other comment: Regular Philip defaulted to highest graphical settings on my machine (Core 2 Duo 2.13 Ghz, 4Gb RAM, 1 Gb NVidia graphics card), but defaulted to medium with Gold. I bumped it back to high and noticed no problems, but haven't played through very much of either campaign. Should I assume that as I activate more of the map, it might become more of a drain on system resources?

Level 9 Human Perruptor
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on December 3, 2010 at 1:39 pm

My mouse got progressively more wonky until it wouldn't work at all, until I reinstalled the drivers.

Maybe just a coincidence, but I wasn't using that computer for anything else.

I don't remember whether it started before or after I switched to the beta.