Skip navigation

Localization

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Localization
Level 9 Human Human
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 3, 2010 at 12:32 am

I would like to offer my services as a translator, to translate Gold into Japanese (I only do Japanese, sorry). I have TRADOS Studio 2009, as well as SDL Passolo 2009 (and SDL TRADOS 2007). Rob, if you PM me (or send an Email, because we have no option to PM people) with your interest, I would be happy to send a CV to you showing my credentials as a professional translator.

I think another reason for opening this thread is to invite other translators to have a go translating into their various languages (after all, we have a number of speakers of Spanish, Greek, and Italian here).

(Hey - we like the game - we want to build up as many players as possible!)

And - a request! Can we have answers to threads that we have been involved in forwarded to our email addresses? I don't like missing the action...... x)

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on December 3, 2010 at 12:35 am

If there's a plan for localization then I would also like to join in. I can do Japanese and Chinese (sort of)

Level 9 Human Human
Posted on December 3, 2010 at 12:42 am

If there's a plan for localization then I would also like to join in. I can do Japanese and Chinese (sort of)

Excellent! Three minutes in, and we have takers. I can take care of the Japanese, but what level of Chinese can you do? By 'Chinese' I would take it you mean Mandarin, but you may mean Cantonese (or another dialect).

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on December 3, 2010 at 3:31 am

Well it doesn't matter unless we're dubbing, since written is mostly the same.

Though I'd need to type it in traditional and have a program change it to simplified

Level 8 Human True Nerd
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 3, 2010 at 4:55 am

I could do german and italian, since i live in Austria and northern Italy (where i was born).

Level 9 Human Human
Posted on December 3, 2010 at 8:43 am

Well it doesn't matter unless we're dubbing, since written is mostly the same.

Though I'd need to type it in traditional and have a program change it to simplified

Very true. I doubt simplified Chinese would be necessary just now, unless Longbowgames are thinking of opening in China before the rest of the world, but if crunch comes to crunch I guess I could do that.

I could do german and italian, since i live in Austria and northern Italy (where i was born).

Nice one! That'd be great!