Skip navigation

Suggestion: Rewards in the Philip Campaign - Hostility Reduction Rewards

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Suggestion: Rewards in the Philip Campaign - Hostility Reduction Rewards
Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 30, 2010 at 12:08 pm

As I'm getting towards the end of the Philip campaign, I'm finding the various migrants and minor gold rewards increasingly un-useful while diplomatic betrayals, especially reclaiming cities that have rebelled to factions I have a ceasefire with, are becoming more important...

my suggestion is rather to replace a few of run-of-the-mill rewards in the later game with (even minor) hostility decreases - either for a single faction or generally. This'd have the double-benefit of slightly reducing the grunt-work and resource-consumption of preventing rebellions and adding another element to the diplomatic dimension Gold adds to the original campaign. Most of all, you would *notice* these quest rewards on a practical level and have some sort of incentive to prioritise those quests.

(also, a small thing - with the Hercules' Labours quest, perhaps it'd be an idea to have a bonus reward for getting all twelve - could trigger this with a scholar quest, if neccessary)

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on December 1, 2010 at 9:43 pm

Agree, I'm only midway but even so the migrants are becoming more of a hassle than anything. I never have manpower issues in the core cities anymore and have a surplus of at least 2 or 3 thousand gold. Something that reduces hostility would be nice.