Skip navigation

Gold Beta 9 - "Charge Blocked" ?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Gold Beta 9 - "Charge Blocked" ?
Level 8 Human Perruptor
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on November 26, 2010 at 6:09 am

What does the "charge blocked" message mean?

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 26, 2010 at 8:37 am

It means that the particular unit you just tried to charge (hoplite probably) managed to block it somehow. You don't get the large charge bonus that you normally would, so the units fight at default strength.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 26, 2010 at 11:17 am

It happens when u charge hoplites from the front. Which for obvious reasons would be ineffective.

Level 8 Human Cyborg
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 26, 2010 at 12:45 pm

It happens when u charge hoplites from the front. Which for obvious reasons would be ineffective.

Unless it's been changed, it doesn't matter what direction you hit them from. Charge does not work on any "Heavy" infantry.

Level 8 Human CEO
Alignment: Lawful good
Posted on November 26, 2010 at 3:18 pm

Calvalry also gets Locked In Combat now.

Neuters them significantly to brush a wing of the enemy and be held in place.

Calvalry is currently unable to charge any heavy infantry, this really should be limited to phalanx and standing spear formations. Locking in place is probably a bug as the descriptions still state they can't be locked in place.

Level 17 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 27, 2010 at 2:13 am

To confirm, the cavalry charge only works on light infantry, not hoplites, phalangites or other cavalry. I did experiment with allowing it when you hit hoplites from behind but it can be hard to determine what's the back in the middle of a battle and I was finding the results too inconsistent.

Cavalry shouldn't get locked in combat so I'll take a look into that if that is currently the case.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Posted on November 27, 2010 at 6:24 am

FWIW, in GB-10 I just saw it when attacking Tribal Cavalry from behind.

Level 8 Human CEO
Posted on November 27, 2010 at 12:16 pm

Same problem existed with large cavalry units in GB 9. Perhaps we need a bug tracking system. :)

Level 8 Human CEO
Posted on November 27, 2010 at 12:18 pm

LDA Staff,

Is there a specified recovery rate for cities? In B9 I was seeing 14-16 a year (hard to say without a Julian calendar where that year actually started... :).