Skip navigation

Troubles building raods

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Troubles building raods
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 23, 2010 at 6:18 pm

I am playing the demo to see if I want to purchase it. I am at the very beginning of the game and have built many roads, but after capturing Pella, I can't build roads to the two adjacent farms.

The city and farms were a blaze when I finally got there. I captured the city and built a road to the city. I captured the farms and then it wouldnt let me build a road. I then tried to build a worker and sent it there to start harvesting and still can't build roads.

Does this city not need roads? Is there invisible roads already there? I see no horse carts coming from the farms either.

I am enjoying the game so far. I'm sure I'll buy it after I finish the demo.

There are few things I'd like to see changed:

Auto-scroll when reaching the edge of the screen. They may just be a glitch, but it's annoying to have to keep rolling the mouse to scroll up the screen.

Lots of keyboard shortcuts would be great. I have troubles with using a mouse with my disability.

Level 14 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 23, 2010 at 9:41 pm

* If your cursor indicates that you can't build a road, try right-clicking anyway: you should get an error message indicating why you can't build that road. Most often it's because that city is out of trade nodes.

* The behaviour of edge-panning is editable in the gameplay options. By default it's set to 'manual', which means you can't fly off into nowhere by accidentally leaving your mouse at the edge of the screen. If you set it to 'auto' it will behave like most other strategy games.

* Also in the gameplay options, there's a big button that says 'Controls' which will list off all of the numerous shortcuts.

Level 9 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 24, 2010 at 6:18 am

There is also no need to use the mouse at all for panning if you don't want to. The WSAD and arrow keys do the job very well. And a double click on the minimap is more than enough to warp the screen to any point on the far side of your empire.