Skip navigation

A call for savegames

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > A call for savegames
Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 23, 2010 at 1:50 pm

I think I mentioned in one of the threads that I'm working on a new planning system for the AI that controls where and when the AI launches attacks.

As part of balancing the new system before the next update I was hoping some of you guys could send me some savegames so I can test the AI's decision making under a wide variety of game situations. Any of the scenarios in gold would be helpful (gold, archidamian, ionian or sandbox) and mid to late stage games would be particularly useful.

As with bugs you can send the games to rob@longbowgames.com. Thanks in advance.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 24, 2010 at 6:13 am

Would love to. Spent 4 or 5 minutes browsing through the folder that the game is stored in and couldn't find anything that resembled the name I saved my games under. Its a 12 hour long philip gold campaign so hopefully what you are after.

Where would I find it?

Posted on November 24, 2010 at 5:08 pm

It depends a little on what version of windows you're running but it's generally in your user folder under Saved Games/Hegemony Gold

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 25, 2010 at 1:37 am

If you're using WinXP, it's in My Documents/Hegemony Gold, since WinXP doesn't have a Saved Games folder.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 25, 2010 at 2:54 am

WinXP. Got it. Savegame sent in an email.

Posted on November 27, 2010 at 12:26 am

Thanks to everyone who has sent in savegames. I'm sorry if I haven't responded to all the e-mails but the help has been much appreciated. I'm still working through them and I can always use more so feel free to keep sending them if you've got something different.

I'll apologize now if anyone finds their particular strategies are now coincidentally countered by the AI and I won't release whose save game convinced me to make some of the alliances more expensive :)

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 27, 2010 at 1:10 am

I could probably make an educated guess hehe :P. You might not need to make more expensive alliances since all the expenses of your allies become yours. You might gain 250 gold, but you end up spending 1000 or more. Just my 2 cents.

Posted on November 27, 2010 at 2:09 am

Technically I didn't actually change the cost of truces/alliances I just adjusted how intimidation was calculated so it better matched the cost. This means that in some people's games the factions won't be as intimidated by the player's relative size as they were previously potentially making the cost of any alliances they had more expensive.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 27, 2010 at 2:29 am

Ah ok, that should make things a bit better then.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 28, 2010 at 8:01 am

Hi All
I,m new to this game and finding it hard at the moment,so i was thinking is there any chance that you could put some save games in the download section?
It would be great if you could and i would be very greatfull.
Thanks in anticipation.
Baz [UK]