Skip navigation

Current campaign pictures

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Current campaign pictures
Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 23, 2010 at 8:47 am

Just thought I would upload my current Phillip Campaign in Hegemony: Gold. Its 12 hours in and I don't know if I am going fast or slow but the pic is up for comments.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af98/Blxz/macedon.jpg

Its not the prettiest empire and it sort of formed by chance. Just finished conquering east up to amphipolis and took the entire chalcidice area in one go. That was my fastest rush in the whole game, the rest has been quite breezy and slow. Was planning on rebuilding manpower and then going after Larissa but the diplomatic demand you can see on-screen is (probably) going to be the biggest mistake the west ordyrisian kingdom is ever going to make (the yellow guys). Once that times out i'm going to storm north.

Diplomatic situation is stable. Just truced with the epirotes because it was cheaper than maintaining garrisons. Truced with every other neighbour except for the Illyrians and the tyrants of Pherae (light orange in the south east).

Feel free to comment or upload your own pics and compare. Happy to see more budding empires.

EDIT: It appears IMG tags don't work on this forum so anyone interested enough can feel free to type the above posted link into their browser to view my screenshot.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on November 29, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Nice. I've been turning south rather than east & west, but I've been wondering whether that's the smart thing to do.

Also I don't think I've ever gotten as far in to it as you have; I keep restarting because I realize that I misunderstood some important aspect of the mechanics.

I've never seen a diplomatic demand.

Level 9 Human Contractor
Posted on November 29, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Nice. I've been turning south rather than east & west, but I've been wondering whether that's the smart thing to do.

Also I don't think I've ever gotten as far in to it as you have; I keep restarting because I realize that I misunderstood some important aspect of the mechanics.

I've never seen a diplomatic demand.

Saved my skin. I had my main army tied up in a battle for Larrisa when I noticed a nice contingent of Peonian cavalry, archers and spearmen going for Heraklea Lyncestis which was pretty much undefended. Turns out hostilities with them were low so I was able to offer them a truce for 25 gold. Have not heard from them since =)

Posted on November 30, 2010 at 2:35 am

This game is the end result of having restarted about 6 times. I finally decided to stick with one and take it to world conquest. Which also means I won't bother playing Gold B10 until I finish the B9 one.

Going south is probably a good idea and I have tried to but things keep taking my attention away. I have now gone even further north and it looks like south will be the last place I go....

Although going east is also a good idea, at least until amphipolis because there are so many migrant rewards (in the phillip campaign). The increase in manpower is very useful.

As for diplomatic demands, I am not sure what triggers them. Possibly a decrease in intimidation that makes the AI think it an ask for a better deal....has not been good for them so far.

Feel free to post your own empire pics. I am keen to see what other people have done.

Level 9 Human Contractor
Posted on November 30, 2010 at 9:53 am

Current map

This is how far I got with GB-10. Next move it to secure the west front to the Adriatic see and than I'm going all the way north to Dalmacia to secure the wealth of mines that will finance the next campaign.

Level 8 Human True Nerd
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 30, 2010 at 10:31 am

the first time i played the Philip campaign i went south to prevent Athens to make their nasty raids twice a year, not knowing that the Athenian Empire had so many tiny little Isle States :P . So i conquered Athens and it brought nothing :D Now i like starting north to settle things with the Illirians and while im still there conquer some tribal town, so that i can have tribal archer as missile support, since im prefering archers to peltasts.

Level 8 Human Perruptor
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on November 30, 2010 at 11:29 am

This is how far I got with GB-10.
Impressive. I'm going to have to quit screwing around and get busy conquering the world.

Posted on December 1, 2010 at 9:47 pm

That picture looks oddly similar to my country about 2 hours of play ago. I have since then gone to the northwest map edge and everything in between.

Also, how did you manage to get the image to display in the forums? I am not very at using forums.

Level 9 Human Contractor
Posted on December 1, 2010 at 10:34 pm

I just used image button when doing the reply and swapped the html address with the location of the image. For example your image

looks like this in editor img src="http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af98/Blxz/macedon.jpg" alt=""/ with < > at beginning and the end of the code.

Since I took that picture I took all the lands to the west and north all the way to edge of the map.

Posted on December 3, 2010 at 1:41 am

Useful to know. Thanks. Also I saw your pic in another thread. Its almost the same as mine currently....

Level 9 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 3, 2010 at 4:17 pm

I want to post my campaign in this tread, but i dont know how to save a screenshot...
Sorry for the noob question

Level 9 Human Contractor
Posted on December 3, 2010 at 4:38 pm

I want to post my campaign in this tread, but i dont know how to save a screenshot...
Sorry for the noob question

hit printscreen button then to in to windows paint paste it, save it, post it =)

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on December 3, 2010 at 6:02 pm

My Macedonian empire after almost 19 hours of playing at normal difficulty

The AI simply build too much peltast and not enough hoplites. They build unit even if the city do not have food for every one so they are weak and hungry. Fighting Athens was the same as fighting the tribe in the north. They never have a strong battle line to oppose you and they beat me only when its was a small valley with one hoplite in front and a bunch of peltast behind.

It would be good if they keep enough garrisoned to keep defense max out and place in formation the rest of the army when you arrive instead of them going out one at the time from the city after you start attacking it.

I have never run out of macedon recruits even if i had 3-4 army active at the same time. Each army was composed of 3-4 phalanx and 2-3 catapult and only in the end i put some peltast in my army. This mean i couls have build even more brigade even if i had something around 20 phalanx brigade

The red dots are sleeping navy at my coast and they never disembrak if the navy is more than 3 or 4 ships at the same time.

Im not sure but i think i cant place the migrants i earn because every city is at max capacity.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on December 3, 2010 at 6:18 pm

Hm, everyone else here seems to have headed northwest before hitting Greece proper - I've taken Sparta now and am only just reaching Dentheletai and the Hellespont (one mass reorganisation later, since I no longer need to defend Greece at all).

@Haramir, Sparta has basically nothing but hoplites... look forward to those.

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on December 3, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Good i can't wait

But my game is becoming buggy and i dont know if ill be able to continue to play

Level 9 Human gamer
Posted on December 3, 2010 at 6:28 pm

And http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/828/wodrysia.jpg

One year's fairly conservative campaigning for a Western Odrysian diplomatic start on expert (alliances with Central Odrysians and Paeonians from the get-go). The chokepoint at Amphipolis is pretty rough on the Chalcideans given how many peltasts I have, Bisaltia rounds off the food supply nicely and grabbing the Athenian coastal cities and Thasos will leave me pretty safe for an expansion with the aim of making east Thrace join the alliance and then hitting Persia.

Will probably restart once the missile defence fix comes through, because that'll probably help the Athenian hoplites be more durable...

Posted on December 4, 2010 at 5:03 am

Nice to see your thracian kingdom. I had a small stint as the eastern Odrysian Kingdom but never got far.