Skip navigation

Serial key not working

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Serial key not working
Level 8 Human Amazing Gamer
Alignment: Evil
Posted on November 21, 2010 at 10:42 pm

Hello everyone, i seem to have a problem here. I found this game on steam when it was 10% off, and was very intrigued. Upon closer look, it reminded me a lot of the total war series(which i like a lot), but potentially better. So yesterday, i decided to buy the game, and i was not disappointed. Though initially hard, i find that it is easily on my top 5 games of all time. however, it does have it flaws. When searching the forums, i found out about Hegemony Gold, and i was excited about it. I decided to download it, but then i ran into a problem. It says that Gold is only a demo, so i can only do Philips campaign. I tried my serial code that i got with Hegemony:Philip of Macedon, but i keep getting a "your serial code is not valid". Any help would be very much appreciated.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 22, 2010 at 7:31 am

I like the forum name. Possibly from the wheel of time series?

As for your question. I would think that when it says your serial number is not valid that perhaps your serial number is not valid then.
More specifically, you need to get a new serial number to play gold. They are currently free to anyone who registers their hegemony: Philip of Macedon game on this site and then applies for the gold code. Well worth it.

Level 8 Human Amazing Gamer
Alignment: Evil
Posted on November 22, 2010 at 11:48 am

haha, you got me, WoT ftw. Anyway, i figured out what was wrong. Apparently i had been using my regular H:PoM serial key. I tied to get a new one through the link provided, but it said i already had one! After browsing through the announcement, someone mentioned that you had to go to Gold, reg information to get the new one. It was there, and im registered. I would recommended sending newbies there, so there won't be any confusion in the future.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 22, 2010 at 10:28 pm

I've put a friendlier message into the Gold registration form for people who try to fill it out twice, so hopefully that will catch most people who get confused about the process.