Skip navigation

Multiplayer.

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Multiplayer.
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on November 21, 2010 at 10:36 pm

Doesn't it seem like a great idea? I'm not saying it would be easy to implement, but enabling even just LAN would be a great way to improve this game, which is already amazing thank you so much for making it Longbow Games. Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to try to implement multiplayer? I think sharing a larger faction with a friend or everyone getting their own league/kingdom/empire etc. would be awesome.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 22, 2010 at 7:32 am

Sounds fun. But I don't know anyone in real life who would like this kind of game. Bugger =(.

Level 8 Human Gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on December 12, 2010 at 11:52 pm

I was hoping for multiplayer in this game also as it wouldnt change gameplay. All that would happen is that your reflexes would be honed as pause would be gone unless both of you paused it. I'm no computer wiz so I don't know how hard it would be to implement but thats all you would need, was to figure out how to implement it as you wouldn't have the problem that other games have. And that is having to change something major to make it multiplayer compatible. You could just add it in no prob

Level 8 Human Sage
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 13, 2010 at 10:56 pm

Yeah its just crying out for multiplayer, but not just LAN. Maybe not PvP, i think that would need a fictitious balanced map (many of them really), and therefore would be a major project, but co-operative would work almost "as is" surely... i'm guessing it would be relatively simply (programming-wise) to hand over control of 2 factions to 2 seperate players (or even multiple), rather than just one faction to 1 player. then its just a case of communication and synchronisation between the players. id imagine that would work by one player hosting the game and the additional players connecting to the host. If control of a faction simply reverted back to the AI if a player leaves or DCs then that wouldnt seriously impact on the others enjoyment.
If this never makes it to Gold then it will make it into one of the future series... and i'm sure there will be many. The Roman Empire...? The Mongols...? Shogun...? American Colonisation...? So many potential historical scenarios. Would be like the "Total War" series but done properly. And your loyal fans eagerly awaiting the release of each one. But get multiplayer into them sooner rather than later please :)

Level 8 Human Gamer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on December 17, 2010 at 5:31 am

The Roman Empire...? The Mongols...? Shogun...? American Colonisation...?

Rome would be good but the sandbox game type from H:gold would really difficult playing as one the celtic tribes (Britan, Gaul or Germanus etc..) if done accuratly anyway.

Mongols would be to much caverly based for my likly but thats just prefearance because i like to use infantry as my main force only have a small of caveraly for recon and mop up.

No complaints for shogun other then making the japanses island quite big because it would be quite small and difficult to manovuer large amounts of troops considering japan is quite a mountianious country.

I think that American colonisation may be the wrong way to take as this would start push the towards ranged gun fights rather then the current melee (with archers etc ofc) but thinking about colonisation probably wouldn't be to much based on guns i think if it went to Civil war and the american west time would be bad. But i have just had a sweet idea for Colonisation which could be a the front line fire muskeets or rifles (depending on what they have) then charge then the second line do it and so on.

Good ideas ether way and i agree with you mainly i just thought i throw a few more views in.

But moving back to the topic of mutliplayer it would be good if you save for the longer games ofc and making the AI team up more aganist players who are alliance and cooperate more with one another.