Skip navigation

Hegemony Gold Bug

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > Hegemony Gold Bug
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on November 21, 2010 at 1:47 pm

I was just playing the new beta 9, and I noticed a bug in game that im not sure has been addressed. During the Macedonian campaign with Phillip, and possibly with the others although I am unsure, when you make a treaty with an opponent that requires you to pay them, the money is subtracted from your income. When you make a treaty forcing them to pay you, the money is NOT added to your income. So even if they agree to pay 500 gold for peace, you will not gain the additional 500 gold but you will have peace, which you can not break without damaging all relations.

Also im not sure if this is a bug, but there is no expiration date for treaties? If you agree to peace but later decide you want to invade, you can only do that by breaking the peace, but there is no option to demand better terms or a standard time before expiration (maybe 1-2 seasons which is 1-2 hours) at which point you could be offered a prompt asking if you would agree to extend the treaty. Thus you could choose no allowing you to attack without damaging relations and forcing you to adapt as certain treaties changed.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 22, 2010 at 7:35 am

It is possible for the AI factions to ask for better terms. I had that in my sandbox Sparta game against the rebellious helots to the west....much to their detriment.

But I do like the idea of being able to plan your peace more easily. Especially with philip of macedon campaign where you need to conquer much of the map. As it stands now i can't invade Thessaliy until I am ready to rip my relations with everyone else apart. Pity really.

Level 16 Extraplanar gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 22, 2010 at 3:17 pm

Thanks for pointing that out. When I added the budget breakdown I inadvertently caused a bug that can caused problems tallying the cost of truces and alliances. This will be fixed in beta 10.

The expiration date is an interesting idea. We used to have something like that in a very old version of the game and I'll keep it in mind.