Skip navigation

2 questions

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > 2 questions
Level 8 Human Loaner
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 20, 2010 at 1:23 pm

1) and more important to me. im currently playing beta 8, do i have to re-download the entire game to play beta 9?

2) Do the AI attack each other at all? I think it might be historically and gameplay relevant that AI nations attack each other at least a little bit, especially the kingdoms, leagues, etc. that were at war with each other.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 20, 2010 at 1:38 pm

I have seen the Phocians and Tyrants attack each other.

Level 8 Human Truffle Farmer
Alignment: Good
Posted on November 21, 2010 at 2:38 am

That seems to be the problem, you have to see them doing it. They don't do it behind the scenes only when two forces trying to get to you run into each other.

For the capaigns i can understand it, it would not make much sense to put Alexander of Molossis on the throne of Epirus as a mission if the Illyrians had taken over for example...

But in sandbox mode I would like to see some AI development, maybe even a kind of spy system where you can see other areas without actually having military units present (invisible spies maybe?). This could work well if you could also influence a side to attack another side, either through money bribes of a chance based 'false evidence' kind of spy mission. Lots of room for development.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on November 21, 2010 at 1:51 pm

That seems to be the problem, you have to see them doing it. They don't do it behind the scenes only when two forces trying to get to you run into each other.

For the capaigns i can understand it, it would not make much sense to put Alexander of Molossis on the throne of Epirus as a mission if the Illyrians had taken over for example...

But in sandbox mode I would like to see some AI development, maybe even a kind of spy system where you can see other areas without actually having military units present (invisible spies maybe?). This could work well if you could also influence a side to attack another side, either through money bribes of a chance based 'false evidence' kind of spy mission. Lots of room for development.

Yeah I agree they need to fight each other as well. Otherwise it seems like they are just waiting to be conquered by you. Besides if they fought each other, it would open up a lot of strategic options, like gaining a peace treaty with one side and waiting till the two factions strongly weaken one another then going in for a kill on both factions. Extremely accurate historically as well as today. Plus a LOT more fun.

Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: Lawful
Posted on November 23, 2010 at 4:03 pm

I think for me this became super apparent when in my game as Crete I saw an Athenian navy of 4 ships and a persian navy of 4 ships pass by each other, turn around and both attack my navy simultaneously then leave without attacking each other -_-"

Make the ai fight amongst itself much more in sandbox games I can totally understand why you would want them more passive for the Phillip campaign because if they were acting it could totally ruin the story, but in sandbox there's no story to ruin so let everyone fight amongst themselves.

Level 13 Extraplanar Programmer
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on November 23, 2010 at 9:04 pm

As far as we're aware, the only problem in beta 8 is the homeless error message you get when you complete quests. At this point, you might as well wait for beta 10, which I suspect we'll release this Friday.