Skip navigation

How do I get Serial Key back?

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Longbow Support > How do I get Serial Key back?
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 19, 2010 at 11:56 am

I just got the Gold Beta and I already had the Alpha installed and was playing it because I bought the original Hegemony on Steam a while back. Now it is only allowing me to play the demo on Gold when I was playing the full game on Gold. How do I get my serial key back and register it again?

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 19, 2010 at 11:58 am

It also tells me I already have a serial key when I click to get a new one, which obviously I don't have a new one or I wouldn't be having this problem.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on November 19, 2010 at 12:11 pm

I found it on the Reg. Info by the download, I should have just looked some more. Sorry to trouble yall.

Level 8 Human gamer
Posted on January 9, 2011 at 4:25 am

Hi there,

I have a similar problem. I updated my Hegemony: Philip Of Macedon Gold to the newest version after I haven't played for a while now. Now it gives me an invalid serial key message when I enter my CD Key. I'm a bit clueless at this point.
Thanks

Level 8 Human Student - CIS
Alignment: Chaotic good
Posted on February 12, 2011 at 12:53 am

The reason this happens is when you install the steam version of the game it is already registered. There is a bug where if you register it again, the game will "unregister".

To fix this run Regedit
Go to start and in search or if you have XP click Run - Type Regedit

When regedit opens, navigate to the following folder:

HKEY_CURRENT_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Longbow Digital Arts\Hegemony Philip of Macedon

(If you don't see that folder, you can right-click on the parent folder and choose New->Key to create it.)

You will see on the right side of the window Serial click that and hit delete on your keyboard. (This makes the game forget you even registered it in the first place)

Now click Edit - New - String Call it Serial and type in your CD-key given by steam and that will fix your problem.

Please read other forum posts..I posted this as an answer to a post right under this one..