Skip navigation

New User's comments

Forum NavigationHome > Forum Index > Hegemony > New User's comments
Level 8 Human gamer
Alignment: True neutral
Posted on November 19, 2010 at 11:49 am

Evening peeps.

I bought Philip from Steam last weekend after trying the download. I quite quickly moved onto the new Beta and I have to say that I have played the game every night since although I would like to make a few comments/suggestions if I may.

I've only had one CTD which seems quite good to me going by other games release states these days, what can I say, I'm getting old.
The world map is huge, which I am a fan of, the bigger the better in my opinion, one thing worth considering is being able to choose the sites of new forts the number of which could be based on the number of settlements held? I would also like to see a new use for the ruins, but I'd imagine you've already thought of that.
I also like unique units and, again, the more the better. Or, maybe just more customisable options available with experience i.e. upgrade armour, weapons, add secondary weapons.
Could it also be possible to capture ships, or have I just not progressed far enough for this?
My main comment would have to be on the diplomacy AI, which I realise is a relatively new thing. I would like to see the AI approaching me for a truce or alliance, or even banding against me if it suited them.

All that said, I can see any reason why I won't be paying for the upgrade when the new version is released and I think you've done a great job so far and look forward to final results but as a Project Manager I understand the rationale of design freezes and moving goalposts.

Level 8 Human Dark Lord
Alignment: Chaotic evil
Posted on November 19, 2010 at 1:19 pm

Hey also a good fictional campaign might be to re-establish the Trojan Empire. You could start as Trojan Remnants or something in Troas, with some objectives to complete in order to rebuild Troy itself.

Or there could be some sort of quasi-historical Trojan War Campaign, with generals like Achilles, Odysseus, Hector, Paris, Aeneas, Ajax, Troilus (second mightiest warrior of Troy), etc. Essentially the Asian Greeks vs. the European Greeks. Since this would be essentially a mythic scenario anyway, maybe there could even be the real Amazons tribe! And demigods and random monsters (like Cyclops and Minotaurs) that live in caves and attack your men.